Windows 10: No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings

Discus and support No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since about Feb 11, 'Wifi' does not appear as an option under Network and Internet Settings. I can connect to my wifi with my printer, but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrugStat, Feb 28, 2019.

1. DrugStat Win User

No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings

Since about Feb 11, 'Wifi' does not appear as an option under Network and Internet Settings. I can connect to my wifi with my printer, but not the scanner component. It worked fine (for years) until Feb 11.

:)

DrugStat, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 28, 2019
  3. layback76 Win User
    NO wifi option under Network & Internet

This same thing just happened to me after I installed a new Amazon FireTV. That went well but then I noticed that my Echo Dot had lost internet access. I looked into the Settings and tried to find the Dot, following the directions in the Alexa app.
    I couldn't find it listed, but my network and all of my neighbor's networks were listed. Wi-Fi was listed on the left side, with the other options, as it always has been. The problem is that I can't really remember what I did next. I feel as if I clicked
    on the wrong thing, possibly inadvertently, and Wi-Fi suddenly disappeared from the list of options on the left side of Network and Internet settings page. My internet connection shows as a LAN connection, and none of the Wi-Fi networks are showing, mine
    or my neighbors. I wish I could remember what I did because it seemed to directly lead to the Great Wi-Fi Disappearance.

layback76, Feb 28, 2019
  4. WhyMe Win User

WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings :)

lol *Biggrin

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
    Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
    Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
    and/or
    Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

WhyMe, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings - Similar Threads - wifi option under

2. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.: Only airplane mode and cellular options available under network and internet settings tab on taskbar. Cannot seem to get any available wifi network options. How do i get my laptop to connect to a wifi adapter again?...
  3. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.: Only airplane mode and cellular options available under network and internet settings tab on taskbar. Cannot seem to get any available wifi network options. How do i get my laptop to connect to a wifi adapter again?...
  4. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No wifi option under Network & Internet - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi option under Network & Internet - Windows 11: My computer will only connect when I use ethernet, and in addition, I no longer have the ability to use bluetooth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet-windows-11/26988349-2ab8-467c-ac5c-298928395185
  6. Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option: Some time ago under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet no wifi option was available on my desktop. It's not been a problem since I am hard wired to my network. Now I want to evaluate Verizon's 54G network but without a wifi connection I can't do that. All of my wifi...
  7. Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option: Some time ago under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet no wifi option was available on my desktop. It's not been a problem since I am hard wired to my network. Now I want to evaluate Verizon's 54G network but without a wifi connection I can't do that. All of my wifi...
  8. Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option

9. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  10. No wifi option under Network & Internet

No wifi option under Network & Internet: I bought a new PC last month and during the initial setup, I skipped the wifi questions and plugged in my Ethernet cable. Now, due to the shelter in place, I'm not able to get at an Ethernet cable, so I am looking to turn on wifi. But there is no wifi option in the usual...