Windows 10: No WiFi please help - just got a new pc but after setting up it's say I can only connect to...

Discus and support No WiFi please help - just got a new pc but after setting up it's say I can only connect to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Coulson1010 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Coulson1010, Jul 10, 2020.

1. No WiFi please help - just got a new pc but after setting up it's say I can only connect to...

/u/Coulson1010, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Jon Cage Win User

Is it possible to set up a new manual wifi connection from the command line?

I'm trying to work out a solution to set up ad-hock wifi connections in Windows 8.1 based on the suggestions in a post on Micsrosoft's answers site. Is there any way to do the first few steps:

• go to "Network and Sharing Center"
    • click "Set up a new connection or network"
    • double click "Manually connect to a wireless network"
    • enter the SSID of the ad-hoc network (as shown by "netsh wlan show networks") into the "Network name" field
    • configure security settings accordingly
    • uncheck "Start this connection automatically" (important)

...without using the windows dialogs?

Jon Cage, Aug 4, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Just upgraded to 10. On the first restart, I can not connect to wifi.

On the screen it says my name and the next button. I click next and it gives a list of wifi networks. I click on my network and it will not connect. I go stand next to the router and it will not connect. My only options are next or back, no task bars nothing. I hope that someone can help.

txstoby, Aug 4, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

No WiFi please help - just got a new pc but after setting up it's say I can only connect to...

I just recieved the Windows 10 upgrade. What is a metered account?

I haven't faced that particular problem, but it may have to do with your WiFi settings.

I suggest turning off the switch that permits automatically connecting to suggested networks. There's also a setting that allows people on your contacts list to connect to your network without a password.

It seems odd that you'd be connecting to one of your neighbor's WiFi, but I can't say that it's impossible. If that is your problem, you should be able to set things up to only use your network.

bobkn, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

No WiFi please help - just got a new pc but after setting up it's say I can only connect to...

1. No WiFi please help - just got a new pc but after setting up it's say I can only connect to... - Similar Threads - WiFi please help

2. Please help, I just got a new laptop, signed in, set it up and now it won't let me log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, I just got a new laptop, signed in, set it up and now it won't let me log in: Please help, I just got a new laptop, signed in, set it up and now it won't let me log in using my pin, because of this it asked me to verify it was me with a phone number ending in 22 I've never had a phone number ending in 22 so naturally I was confused and tried on my...
  3. Please help, I just got a new laptop, signed in, set it up and now it won't let me log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help, I just got a new laptop, signed in, set it up and now it won't let me log in: Please help, I just got a new laptop, signed in, set it up and now it won't let me log in using my pin, because of this it asked me to verify it was me with a phone number ending in 22 I've never had a phone number ending in 22 so naturally I was confused and tried on my...
  4. I just set up this pc but I skipped the set up WiFi bit at the start of the set up due to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just set up this pc but I skipped the set up WiFi bit at the start of the set up due to...: cannot access my network however have been troubleshooting results as seen above and bellow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-set-up-this-pc-but-i-skipped-the-set-up/df54041a-2add-4564-9cf4-a8c40ed60fe0
  5. I just set up this pc but I skipped the set up WiFi bit at the start of the set up due to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just set up this pc but I skipped the set up WiFi bit at the start of the set up due to...: cannot access my network however have been troubleshooting results as seen above and bellow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-set-up-this-pc-but-i-skipped-the-set-up/df54041a-2add-4564-9cf4-a8c40ed60fe0
  6. I just got my new pc and when I go to set it up, there is no WiFi option and it does not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just got my new pc and when I go to set it up, there is no WiFi option and it does not...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Firedoge723 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh4qs7/i_just_got_my_new_pc_and_when_i_go_to_set_it_up/
  7. PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help.: BSOD happened while messing with video settings in Doom Eternal. Was told elsewhere it was because of a service called Face It but found nothing in my PC fitting the name. I have the DMP file linked below. Any help would be much appreciated....
  8. Need help just got the win 10 can’t connect to wifi :/

Need help just got the win 10 can’t connect to wifi :/: I need some help ples ahahhaah submitted by /u/Soybouy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijuc29/need_help_just_got_the_win_10_cant_connect_to_wifi/
  9. I need help. I just got a new windows 10 laptop today and I can only connect to the WiFi...

I need help. I just got a new windows 10 laptop today and I can only connect to the WiFi...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GoyardRee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n3gc/i_need_help_i_just_got_a_new_windows_10_laptop/
  10. Just got a Bluescreen. Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just got a Bluescreen. Please help: So I'm pretty sure this is unrelated but I installed a new Noctua heatsink this morning. I was playing Monster Hunter World when suddenly I got a bluescreen. Interestingly though the bluescreen lasted about 30seconds and after that the computer was already re logged in. Heres...