Windows 10: No WiFi profiles showed under Windows 10

Discus and support No WiFi profiles showed under Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, my Windows 10 asus laptop stopped working with my home WiFi network, anytime I try to connect, the nw password is asked again and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raulsz, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Raulsz Win User

No WiFi profiles showed under Windows 10

Hi community, my Windows 10 asus laptop stopped working with my home WiFi network, anytime I try to connect, the nw password is asked again and it always prompts that it was not possible to connect. However, any other devices connect successfully to that WiFi nw, and also my laptop works well with other networks I had previously connected to.

So I tried to manage and delete all saved WiFi networks but I have not found a way to do it, since when I enter to "manage WiFi networks" from the network configuration in control panel, the list is completely empty. Same thing happens when I try it using the netsh command from shell. And this is not possible because I can easily connect to previously used networks without having to enter the credentials.

I guess both problems may be related...

BTW, ethernet is working just fine with my home nw.

What I've tried so far is:

Update Windows (security update was applied)

Update WiFi card driver (it already was in its latest version)

Disable/enable WiFi nw adapter

Obviously, reboot

Any idea what I could do?

Thanks in advance. BR.

:)

Raulsz, Nov 11, 2018

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
  4. VIC
    Vic Win User

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

Thema:

1. No WiFi profiles showed under Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WiFi profiles showed

2. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  3. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  4. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. profile picture not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    profile picture not showing in windows 10: i recently formatted my pc ending up not showing up my profile picture ,i also synced my settings and added a new profile pic in the Microsoft account in the website although it worked in the website but not on my computer windows. rebooted several times and still...
  6. profile picture not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    profile picture not showing in windows 10: i recently formatted my pc ending up not showing up my profile picture ,i also synced my settings and added a new profile pic in the Microsoft account in the website although it worked in the website but not on my computer windows. rebooted several times and still...
  7. profile picture not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. WiFi not showing under Network Connections

WiFi not showing under Network Connections: Above is my available Network Connections. I have been using ethernet for 10 years, but now I moved and need to connect to my new WiFi wireless instead of with Ethernet. I've watched all the videos regarding this subject and none is working. Any way to make the WiFi network...
  9. Wifi status shows dotted line+lines under it

Wifi status shows dotted line+lines under it: So not too long ago i downloaded the infamous “desktop goose” that i had seen on the internet just for fun. But the next day, i logged onto my laptop and the wifi wasnt working. I checked the settings and on the wifi status i saw some weird lines. I dont know what this means...
  10. networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC: hi everyone, I have DC controller 2012 and windows 10 pro test: I tried the following: 1. create a brand new windows 10 installation on a test machine; and join it to the domain 2. logon as local admin and customized the desktop background and menu 3. copy that default...