Windows 10: No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar

Discus and support No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desk Top opens with Task bar and not the normal Win 10 start screen. The Start button only display's a menu when Right Button on mouse is used and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by solpuerto, Aug 7, 2015.

1. solpuerto Win User

No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar

Desk Top opens with Task bar and not the normal Win 10 start screen. The Start button only display's a menu when Right Button on mouse is used and the Cortana button does nothing. They have worked before. I have the Control Panel on the Task Bar and it works but I cannot move it anywhere. Clicking Right Button does not give any options.
    I am not certain but I think the first 2 problems only occured when I moved Control Panel to Task Bar.

Any help appreciated.
    *Confused

Any help? or do I need to re-install win 10 again<

:)

solpuerto, Aug 7, 2015

2. screen saver

Lock screen cannot be found easily either. I did a search for "lock screen" in control panel and got the message, nothing found.

I eventually found it in Control Panel, Taskbar.

Settings is not the old way I used to find screensaver, but it does list lock screen under Personalization.

Thanks.

smoothysmom, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 not locking when put into sleep mode

Hi,

Start - Settings - Personalization - Lock Screen (and scroll down to)

"Screen timeout settings" and "Screen saver settings"

OR WinKey + X OR Right Click the Start button - Control Panel - Power Options

-------

Start - Settings - System - Power & Sleep.

OR WinKey + X OR Right Click the Start button - Control Panel - Power

Additionally if you have a battery powered device (laptop/tablet)

Right Click the Battery Icon on the Taskbar - Power Options

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar

1. No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar - Similar Threads - Win10 Start screen

2. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  3. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  4. at start I get old Control Panel panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    at start I get old Control Panel panel: Somehow, recently I'm getting the old Windows Control Panel window when I click on Settings, not the regular Windows 10 window. I didn't knowingly make a switch, but how do I get the standard Settings back?...
  5. at start I get old Control Panel panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    at start I get old Control Panel panel: Somehow, recently I'm getting the old Windows Control Panel window when I click on Settings, not the regular Windows 10 window. I didn't knowingly make a switch, but how do I get the standard Settings back?...
  6. Control Panel vs Settings in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel vs Settings in Win10: Hello and Good Day, Dear Microsoft, For 30 years, Control Panel has been the way to adjust configurations within the Windows operating system. Now, with Windows 10, you are moving our cheese again. I do not understand the reason for this change. Some of us are IT...
  7. How to pin Control panel to taskbar?

How to pin Control panel to taskbar?: How to pin Control panel to taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-control-panel-to-taskbar/7d8d3b90-742d-40db-940a-fc719a9d00f4
  8. Win10: control panel craches

Win10: control panel craches: How to repair Control Panel crashing. Sofar tried: sfc /scannow; dims....; update in-line; checkdisc -- no luck. What to do before reaching for an ax? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-control-panel-craches/eae457bc-5a46-4ef4-b197-26c89cb080aa
  9. taskbar control panel

taskbar control panel: I want to set Hot Key Cntrl Esc to hide and show my taskbar. MS community says to go to the Taskbar Control Panel. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-control-panel/e9edf349-e8df-4721-800d-1d8c968d6e3b
  10. Control Panel in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel in Win10: Has anyone got a better way to get to the old style control panel? I don't like Win10 menu for the control panel... thanx 16425