Windows 10: No Windows 10 App

Discus and support No Windows 10 App in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just bought an HP laptop running Windows 8.1 There were many updates which I have installed but do not have a Windows 10 App. I looked at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by janey6, Aug 4, 2015.

1. janey6 Win User

No Windows 10 App

I have just bought an HP laptop running Windows 8.1 There were many updates which I have installed but do not have a Windows 10 App. I looked at the online Windows 10 files relating to this and I don't appear to be making much progress. I am attaching 3 screenshots and hope someone will be able to help resolve this problem.

:)

janey6, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

No Windows 10 App

You can start the process manually if you do not wish to wait. This tutorial will show you how to upgrade.

NOTE: Do not upgrade from USB/Disk, you must select "upgrade this PC now" from the media creation tool or the OS will not be activated.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Aug 4, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    That advice shouldn't be taken too literally.

In order to activate, the first installation must be an upgrade. (I believe that you have to "keep everything" in the upgrade, but I have read reports to the contrary.)

You aren't permitted to install as an upgrade when you boot from the installation medium (USB thumb drive, DVD, etc.) The PC has to be booted from the old OS, and the upgrade launched from within that.

My preference would be to have the Media Creation Tool create an .iso. 8,1 can natively mount the .iso, so do that, and run the upgrade from that mounted image.

If you have the tool create a bootable USB drive, just don't boot from it. Boot in 8.1, plug in the USB drive, go to setup.exe on the USB drive, and start from there. No problem.

Once you have successfully activated 10 one time, you can use bootable media to do a clean install any time in the future on the same hardware.

I hope that the extra detail isn't confusing.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No Windows 10 App

1. No Windows 10 App - Similar Threads - App

2. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  3. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  4. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  5. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  6. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  7. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  8. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

9. Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++: I have a large notepad file that makes it so that whenever i try to run the program, it puts it in a forever loading state, i have never saved this file, and there are also other unsaved files that i need, so how do i access my other unsaved files while getting rid of this...
  10. Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++

Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++: I have a large notepad file that makes it so that whenever i try to run the program, it puts it in a forever loading state, i have never saved this file, and there are also other unsaved files that i need, so how do i access my other unsaved files while getting rid of this...