Windows 10: NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

Discus and support NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys I bought a motherboard back in 2016 installed windows 8 and then in due course I was encouraged to upgrade to win 10. I did and had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thinktank25, Mar 24, 2020.

1. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

Hi guys

I bought a motherboard back in 2016 installed windows 8 and then in due course I was encouraged to upgrade to win 10.

I did and had no problem until installing updates after version 1804.
    After that windows would run ok but would never recover from sleep, [requiring hard reboot] and getting power kernel 41 error in event viewer.
    I tried everything to resolve this but when I contacted gigabyte about this they gave me the following reply

'Hello,

On the website specification, the board supports for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.

GA-970A-UD3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

GA-970A-DS3P doesn't have Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Therefore it doesn't support the latest Windows® 10 versions.'

My question is why, is there not an option from Microsoft to stop 'feature updates ' or at least a warning that this is an issue, ? and possible workaround or fixes. Just wonder whether gigabyte would be able to update the bios to have windows 10 dch drivers. is it a windows problem or gigabyte problem?

THanks

:)

thinktank25, Mar 24, 2020

2. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

Hi guys

I bought a motherboard back in 2016 installed windows 8 and then in due course I was encouraged to upgrade to win 10.

I did and had no problem until installing updates after version 1804.
    After that windows would run ok but would never recover from sleep, [requiring hard reboot] and getting power kernel 41 error in event viewer.
    I tried everything to resolve this but when I contacted gigabyte about this they gave me the following reply

'Hello,

On the website specification, the board supports for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.

GA-970A-UD3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

GA-970A-DS3P doesn't have Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Therefore it doesn't support the latest Windows® 10 versions.'

My question is why, is there not an option from Microsoft to stop 'feature updates ' or at least a warning that this is an issue, ? and possible workaround or fixes. Just wonder whether gigabyte would be able to update the bios to have windows 10 dch drivers. is it a windows problem or gigabyte problem?

THanks

thinktank25, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 24, 2020
  4. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

Hi thinktank25

Sorry I'm not following. Has someone told you you need to update to DCH drivers?

I have a laptop 2006 / 2007 vintage and it runs the latest Fast Ring in the Insiders program. Pretty sure it is not using DCH drivers. I don't update drivers unless I'm having an issue.

Not being able to sleep or wake from sleep is usually a driver issue. The most common being the video driver on several HP SFF in my experience.

You say you are on 1803, I assume you are keeping this level to avoid additional issues.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

1. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board - Similar Threads - DHC drivers gigabyte

2. Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...: Built three brand new builds two with gigabyte boards and ryzen cpus and one with asus board and Intel i7 11700k cpu. Every time I connect to wifi I get bsod kernal mode trap. The gigabyte will run fine on 5ghz wifi but if I switch to 2.4ghz it will error blue screen and...
  3. Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...: Built three brand new builds two with gigabyte boards and ryzen cpus and one with asus board and Intel i7 11700k cpu. Every time I connect to wifi I get bsod kernal mode trap. The gigabyte will run fine on 5ghz wifi but if I switch to 2.4ghz it will error blue screen and...
  4. Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. key board drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    key board drivers: my key bord same time auto press some keys, as key 3, comma key. that time if I press left control key stop that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/key-board-drivers/3ea49b9d-bdbc-46f7-99d9-6d77b377b38f
  6. No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board: I just built a game PC around AMD Ryzen 7 3700X on a Gigabyte M550B-DS3H board. I downloaded the MB drivers and audio drivers from the Gigabyte site, but the little speaker symbol in the system tray show the red X. Opening the Sound icon in Control Panel says 'No Audio...
  7. Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions: Hello, While recovering from a recent computer disaster, and after very in-depth diagnostics, I've been advised to upgrade the BIOS. I really don't want to screw things up, so I'm asking for detailed instructions, like, for a 10-year old? OK, maybe 15. The MoBo is a...
  8. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

in Windows 10 Support
    NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board: Hi guys I bought a motherboard back in 2016 installed windows 8 and then in due course I was encouraged to upgrade to win 10. I did and had no problem until installing updates after version 1804. After that windows would run ok but would never recover from sleep, [requiring...
  9. Gigabyte x58 Board + Samsung 850EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gigabyte x58 Board + Samsung 850EVO SSD: Hello there Well i still got my x58 pc and i will upgrade the coming summer.resently i bought a Samsung 850 EVO SSD3 6gb My Board has 6x Sata 2 Intel Ports and 4 Marvel Sata3 Ports ( Bios all on AHCI-Bios Settings are correct) The Question is: Should i use the Intel Sata2...
  10. Windows 10 and Gigabyte

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Gigabyte: I have installed windows 10 on my Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard. Now it takes longer to boot up between bios and windows My other pc which has a newer gigabyte Z97X-Sli motherboard and boots very quick. Do you think that the Z77 motherboard is incompatible with windows 10....