Windows 10: No Windows 10 product key after purchase

Discus and support No Windows 10 product key after purchase in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, after a motherboard and CPU and RAM upgrade, today I purchased a new digital license of Windows 10, directly from the MS store. I received a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SpunDot, Mar 8, 2020.

1. SpunDot Win User

No Windows 10 product key after purchase

Hi, after a motherboard and CPU and RAM upgrade, today I purchased a new digital license of Windows 10, directly from the MS store.

I received a receipt of purchase via email that DID NOT have a product key included, which is contrary to everythingI have read on the MS website.

Unlike my MS Office key and XBOX Live sub, my new Windows 10 key is NOT in my "Subscriptions & Services" section of my account either. The only place it shows that I purchased Windows 10 is my order history and no product key there either.

My PC is activated and says it is tied to a Digital License, but I have no product key or anything to say I have a genuine copy, except my order history. Where can I find my product key, so I can print and store it? I realize I do not need it for reinstalling Windows, but I would like a copy for my records.

Thanks.

:)

SpunDot, Mar 8, 2020

2. No product key after Windows 10 purchase

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Have you done clean install?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • From where have you purchased the Windows 10?
    If you have purchased from online Microsoft store or any store I suggest you to contact them for the product key.

Please do let us know with more information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Mar 8, 2020
  4. No Windows 10 product key after purchase

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

No Windows 10 product key after purchase

1. No Windows 10 product key after purchase - Similar Threads - product key purchase

2. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  3. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  4. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. trying to purchase a windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trying to purchase a windows 10 product key: I just bought a new motherboard and cpu and built a new computer. I used the media creation tool to load windows 10 pro. I have been trying for HOURS to just purchase an activation key or talk to ANYONE in support, and all I have been getting is the same loop of online...
  6. trying to purchase a windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to purchase a windows 10 product key: I just bought a new motherboard and cpu and built a new computer. I used the media creation tool to load windows 10 pro. I have been trying for HOURS to just purchase an activation key or talk to ANYONE in support, and all I have been getting is the same loop of online...
  7. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  8. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  9. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 Pro Product key purchased!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Product key purchased!: Hello,I recently had my SSD replaced. I wanted to start using Hyper-V and noticed that it wasn't in the apps and features section. I realized that I had Home and not Pro installed on my computer. I found that the email that was sent to me, was just the receipt without the...