Windows 10: No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset

Discus and support No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After resetting my laptop due to battery issues that I hoped a reset would resolve, I set up my reinstalled windows, and everything seemed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by deliver2will, Nov 21, 2019.

1. No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset

After resetting my laptop due to battery issues that I hoped a reset would resolve, I set up my reinstalled windows, and everything seemed to be running fine. I redownloaded all my apps but still had my data from before. However, the next day when I used it, there was a constant watermark in the bottom right on the screen, that said "Activate Windows" and "Go to Settings to activate Windows". When I tried to active Windows, I followed some online steps to locate my code through PowerShell and command prompt, but this code did not work, and I am stuck with a laptop with no Windows just because I reset my laptop. Should I just request a replacement code from Microsoft or is there another way to reactivate Windows 10 on my Surface Laptop 2.

:)

deliver2will, Nov 21, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 21, 2019
  4. No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset

1. No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset - Similar Threads - Product Key Reset

2. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key gone after reset?: Hey, I was experiencing some problems with my laptop where my screen was frozen after start up and my cursor was the only thing moving. It stayed like that for a couple days and I just could not get it to past that. So I searched online for a video on what could be the...
  3. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key gone after reset?: Hey, I was experiencing some problems with my laptop where my screen was frozen after start up and my cursor was the only thing moving. It stayed like that for a couple days and I just could not get it to past that. So I searched online for a video on what could be the...
  4. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Product Key is Missing After Resetting Computer

Windows Product Key is Missing After Resetting Computer: I've reset my laptop, and upon doing so, I received a warning that Windows is not active on my laptop.I previously had an OEM license for Windows 11 on the device which worked fine, but now the Product Key section is labelled as being missing.I was able to determine the key...
  6. Windows Product Key is Missing After Resetting Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key is Missing After Resetting Computer: I've reset my laptop, and upon doing so, I received a warning that Windows is not active on my laptop.I previously had an OEM license for Windows 11 on the device which worked fine, but now the Product Key section is labelled as being missing.I was able to determine the key...
  7. Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset

Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset: Hi, I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, later I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro, I bought a digital key from a certified reseller - everything worked fine. Recently I wanted to give this laptop to someone else, so I made a factory reset, using an external pendrive...
  8. Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset: Hi, I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, later I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro, I bought a digital key from a certified reseller - everything worked fine. Recently I wanted to give this laptop to someone else, so I made a factory reset, using an external pendrive...
  9. Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset

10. Reset Product Activation Key

Reset Product Activation Key: I purchased Windows 10 and was using the product in Parallels for Mac. I attempted to uninstall Windows from the virtual machine, in order to Bootcamp my Mac with the same product key. I did not uninstall it properly apparently and deleted the virtual machine installation....