Windows 10: No windows 10 uefi boot option in bios..it doesnt boot..how can i fix..all suggestions are...

Discus and support No windows 10 uefi boot option in bios..it doesnt boot..how can i fix..all suggestions are... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lalboy1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lalboy1, Apr 11, 2020.

1. No windows 10 uefi boot option in bios..it doesnt boot..how can i fix..all suggestions are...

/u/lalboy1, Apr 11, 2020

2. UEFI boot options disappeared from BIOS; now getting reboot and select proper boot device

In short, I need to get the system/BIOS to allow UEFI booting of the SSD.

Computer started up today with default BIOS settings.

• Only SSD 1(Windows boot) and SSD 2 were listed in BIOS; HDD 1 and HDD 2 were not visible
    • System would not boot. Gave the 'reboot and select proper boot device' message
    • Boot menu has no UEFI/EFI (or Windows Boot Manager) entries anymore
    I went into Partition Magic/Gparted and confirmed :

• All drives are still showing
    • All drives' data is in tact [EFI volume/partition is still listed (and can be browsed/files accessible)]
    Gparted print out (note dev/sda2 apparently that is normal behavior) :

/dev/sda1 (locked) EFI System Partition--Fat32--/media/sda1--100.00mb--46.81MiB--53.19MiB--boot,esp
    /dev/sda2 (exclamation mark) Microsoft reserved partition--unknown file system--no mount point--128.00MiB--unused spaced--msftres
    /dev/sda3 basic data partition--ntfs--/media/sda3--118.58GiB--70.78GiB--47.80GiB--msftdata
    /dev/sda4--ntfs--/media/sda4--450.00MiB--327.71MiB--122.29MiB--hidden,diag

As I am able to boot Windows installation from USB, I tried the standard startup repair. It said it was not able to fix any problems.

Next I tried to repair the EFI with Diskpart in the shell:

• sel vol 1 (note that Diskpart states EFI partition is 'hidden')
    • assign letter=z:
    • cd /d z:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-us /s vz /f ALL
    It completed all tasks successfully. Unfortunately that did not work.

Other things I have tried :

• Removing CMOS battery and replacing with a new one - my HDD started showing up again after doing this.
    • Using the old MBR commands(in hopes it would force the Windows startup repair to recognize and fix a problem)
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd​
    • Loaded BIOS 'optimized'/defaults (the system did this already once before, hence why I am in this situation, though doing it manually seemed like an option worth trying. Note that after doing this and restarting the system, HDD's stopped showing again)
    • Removed new CMOS battery and left it out of the system for thirty minutes
    • Formatted EFI and msftres partitions, then rebuilt the EFI boot records
    In summary, am looking to force the BIOS to see the EFI partition on the SSD boot drive, as it is not an option any longer.

newconroer, Apr 11, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 11, 2020
  4. No windows 10 uefi boot option in bios..it doesnt boot..how can i fix..all suggestions are...

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

No windows 10 uefi boot option in bios..it doesnt boot..how can i fix..all suggestions are...

1. No windows 10 uefi boot option in bios..it doesnt boot..how can i fix..all suggestions are... - Similar Threads - uefi boot option

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10: Dear Dave I received your reply for the post I submitted on Dec 5, 2021 for the Subject Mentioned The USB Stick of newly purchased Windows 10 Pro not getting detected or bootedThe concern I found while install is The following is the System Configuration of my own Laptop...
  5. Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10: Dear Dave I received your reply for the post I submitted on Dec 5, 2021 for the Subject Mentioned The USB Stick of newly purchased Windows 10 Pro not getting detected or bootedThe concern I found while install is The following is the System Configuration of my own Laptop...
  6. Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS: I was trying to upgrade my computer to the windows 11 insider edition. I have 2 drives, a 250gb ssd and a 2tb harddrive. I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt. I installed windows 10 on my ssd. When I try to boot from the ssd which is in UEFI mode I get a 0xc000000e error. But,...
  8. How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

in Windows 10 News
    How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time you need to reboot into the computer firmware, i.e., UEFI or BIOS. If your hardware keys are failing to boot you into BIOS or UEFI, you will need to do this. In this post, I will share [...] This post How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS...
  9. How to access/fix a non booting Windows 10 on a laptop with UEFI bios?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to access/fix a non booting Windows 10 on a laptop with UEFI bios?: So basically back in the days a simple as F8 boots you to safe mode or F12 could bring up boot menu where you could boot from a flash drive or an optical disc , use a tool like hirens boot cd to undo the mess or just do a windows upgrade and you are good . Now what's the...
  10. BIOS boot issue and has UEFI boot option one time, next time it doesnt

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS boot issue and has UEFI boot option one time, next time it doesnt: Asus P8Z77 V Deluxe mobo. Seasonic 1050W modular PSU i7 2700k Noctua NH D14 air cooler Corsair Vengeance RAM 1600 (mobo - native is 1333mhz) Sometimes, when I access my BIOS, on the first page I see, it will show UEFI boot disk in the boot order at the bottom of the...