Windows 10: No windows after hardware change

Discus and support No windows after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded my system's motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram and psu, anyways I don't have windows anymore. I checked my settings and can confirm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gerard.moras, Mar 10, 2019.

1. No windows after hardware change

Hi, I recently upgraded my system's motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram and psu, anyways I don't have windows anymore.

I checked my settings and can confirm that I had a retail windows 10 pro version, I tried the re-activation process, but it doesn't work, I'm a student and need my pc for work, pls help.

No windows after hardware change 200ccbdb-22b8-4c33-9c0a-715aac823db9?upload=true.png

:)

gerard.moras, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 10, 2019
  4. No windows after hardware change

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

No windows after hardware change

1. No windows after hardware change - Similar Threads - hardware change

2. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  3. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. so, sometimes i change hardware on my device but i am on a laptop windows 11 home and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so, sometimes i change hardware on my device but i am on a laptop windows 11 home and...: so, sometimes I change hardware on my device, but I am on a laptop windows 11 home and sometimes when I change hardware, my product key deactivates and I have an error message saying, "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure your connected to the Internet, wait a...
  6. so, sometimes i change hardware on my device but i am on a laptop windows 11 home and...

so, sometimes i change hardware on my device but i am on a laptop windows 11 home and...: so, sometimes I change hardware on my device, but I am on a laptop windows 11 home and sometimes when I change hardware, my product key deactivates and I have an error message saying, "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure your connected to the Internet, wait a...
  7. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  8. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  9. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...