Windows 10: No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working

Discus and support No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; None of my apps seem to work. I open a picture, it says "class is not registered". I click on the windows icon and the search bar, nothing happens. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mojavecactus, Mar 7, 2019.

1. No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working

None of my apps seem to work. I open a picture, it says "class is not registered". I click on the windows icon and the search bar, nothing happens. I can't open task manager, it says "the specified procedure could not be found". Whenever I try opening an app, like spotify, the error message "0xc0000142" pops up and it happens with other apps like video games. I figured I could factory reset the computer, I can't open the windows icon, even on the keyboard. I am however allowed to open some apps like, GTA5 and google chrome. I tried all of the ways to fix my computer but none of them seem to work or the problems overlap, making me unable to fix. If you have anything that could possibly help or an explanation, please reply!

:)

mojavecactus, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working

1. No windows apps, or downloads are opening or working - Similar Threads - apps downloads are

2. Microsoft Store not downloading and apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not downloading and apps not opening: The download bars are still there. Some apps are not opening :Microsoft store is not download apps.I have tried everything. Please, help me.How to fix this?I chose weather as subtopic for no reason, no options suit me...
  3. Microsoft Store not downloading and apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not downloading and apps not opening: The download bars are still there. Some apps are not opening :Microsoft store is not download apps.I have tried everything. Please, help me.How to fix this?I chose weather as subtopic for no reason, no options suit me...
  4. App downloaded successfully, but it does not open

App downloaded successfully, but it does not open: To Who May Concern: I got a job offer a couple months ago and I couldn’t start neither the training program and consequently, the job because I was required to download an app in my computer and in an usb to run the program. What is happening is that I am able to insert the...
  5. Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open: I just downloaded an app and after installing, it seems to run fine, but it is not opening up a windows in order to actually do something with the software. I know people do mess around in the registry in order to fix this. is there anything else that could be wrong? All...
  6. Windows 10 apps not opening or working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 apps not opening or working.: So basically ive been having an issue for about 2 weeks now. My windows 10 apps arent working or opening so like, Windows defender and important stuff even microsoft store itself isnt working it has a little PNG of like a document and thats all and it wont let me acess it or...
  7. App will not download and open after paying for it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App will not download and open after paying for it: ASA Sailing app will not download after paying for it . It keeps pushing me back to Microsoft store to download again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-will-not-download-and-open-after-paying-for-it/2972467c-f902-4626-bcf7-14b0d0ab47f3
  8. Downloading of Windows apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading of Windows apps not working: I wanted to download the Whiteboard for my Surface pro 5 and realized that is got stuck on Acquiring Licence and then shows me an error. Since then this hapened for every app i wanted to install, but updates for other apps still work. I tryed everything to fix it but nothing...
  9. Cannot open any downloaded apps

Cannot open any downloaded apps: I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and install apps back but I wasn't able to download any apps after. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The application was...
  10. Downloader apps not working properly...

Downloader apps not working properly...: Hi everybody. i was using IDM(Internet download manager) it was good at early times but now it is not downloading from most sites. I tried flashget, jdownloader and orbit downloader and they are the same too. I checked firewall and gave these programs access to internet but...