Windows 10: No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then...

Discus and support No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 home with all available updates applied. No errors in the logs. If I shut down my pc and then power it up again OR I choose to perform a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JustRayInWisconsin, Sep 4, 2018.

1. No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then...

Windows 10 home with all available updates applied.

No errors in the logs.

If I shut down my pc and then power it up again OR I choose to perform a restart, I will never see a Windows Defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar.

Windows Defender IS running.

But, if I choose to sign out and then back in again, I DO get a Windows Defender icon in the notification area.

I have the following in the HKLM\Run registry key:
    SecurityHealth REG_EXPAND_SZ %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe

I also created a virtual Windows 10 home machine and I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I'm so confused.

It's a really minor issue because Defender is running just fine.

But I kinds, sorta would like to know why the WD icon does not appear in the notification area when performing a power own and Power up as well as a restart.

:)

JustRayInWisconsin, Sep 4, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Press win+i to go to Windows Settings and there go to:

Personalization -> Taskbar -> Notification Area -> Select which Icons appear on the taskbar -> Windows Defender User Interface -> On

No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then... pI3uStZ.jpg

No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then... ChSkOYs.jpg

Drone, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then...

Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then... [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then...

1. No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then... - Similar Threads - defender icon notification

2. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  3. Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Notification Area: Why has the the Weather App started appearing in the notification area of the taskbar?I do NOT want it - how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-notification-area/c6ff6f42-47bf-44a5-8493-52c6d2aca9a5
  4. Notification area of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area of taskbar: I cannot get the icons for volume, network, Norton/Defender status, or even the "up arrow" for hidden items to show on the taskbar??? The clock does show. I tried all of the obvious settings. ?????...
  5. Taskbar notification area icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  6. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  7. Notification area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area on taskbar: I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm calling the clock/date, speaker...
  8. Windows Defender notification area icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender notification area icon: I like to see the Windows Defender notification area icon, so I've set my PC to show that item. However, is there a way to turn off the exclamation point item in that icon that says I haven't run a scan in a while? My last scan was 4 days ago and I don't want to be hounded to...
  9. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...
  10. Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 The version 1703[/b] and later that makes it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose...