Windows 10: No windows programs working after reset

Discus and support No windows programs working after reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I’ve just done a full reset on my laptop, in hopes to speed it up a bit. The reset took all day, but nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ryu88, Feb 7, 2020.

1. /u/Ryu88 Win User

No windows programs working after reset

Hi!

I’ve just done a full reset on my laptop, in hopes to speed it up a bit. The reset took all day, but nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen, however when it was complete, I can’t open the start menu, settings, WiFi menu, Microsoft Edge, or any similar apps.

The odd thing is that programs like task manager, file explorer, and even Skype and the preinstalled norton seem to work.

I’m currently running an SFC /Scannow, but it seems to have got stuck.

What’s the best thing to do from here?

submitted by /u/Ryu88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ryu88, Feb 7, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 7, 2020
  4. No windows programs working after reset

Programs Not Responding repeatedly even after resetting Windows 10

My 3-year old Windows 10 Home laptop is repeatedly unresponsive. The open programs will display "Not responding" for 1-2 minutes, then works for a few seconds before the cycle repeats. I've done everything I can think of to try to fix this (full list of what I've done is below) all to no avail.I notice that when this unresponsive state occurs, the "Disk" process in my Task Manager rises to 50%, even though there are just a few processes that are using 0.1 MB/s.I suspect it could be a driver conflict, but I have gone to my Device Manager and don't see any issues flagged. Could anyone suggest what diagnostic steps or diagnostic tools I could use to identify the source of this problem?------------Here is what I have tried:- Shut down my antivirus (Kaspersky)- Shut down Dropbox and OneDrive- Closed my Chrome browser, MS Office programs and all my other programs- Disabled Windows Search- Disabled SuperFetch- Restarted the PC (this takes some 20 minutes when I hit this problem)- Run Chkdsk and repaired drive errors- Reset Windows 10 (fresh install)It worked ok for about a week after I reset Windows 10, but the problem has since returned.

windhoek2010, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

No windows programs working after reset

1. No windows programs working after reset - Similar Threads - programs working reset

2. Windows 10 not working after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not working after resetting: Hello I’ve hard reset my pc due to the reason my window key not working, I’ve watched about a few videos on YouTube how to fixed this solution and nothing turned out to be in my favours.I’ve hard reset my computer and followed the instructions when you get a new computer...
  3. Windows 10 not working after resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not working after resetting: Hello I’ve hard reset my pc due to the reason my window key not working, I’ve watched about a few videos on YouTube how to fixed this solution and nothing turned out to be in my favours.I’ve hard reset my computer and followed the instructions when you get a new computer...
  4. Windows Apps not working after Reset

Windows Apps not working after Reset: Like the title says, my Windows Apps are not working after I did a full reset.To elaborate:Apps like Microsoft Store, Sticky Notes, Photos appear when I search for them on start. But nothing happens when I click on them.I cannot open any photos, I no longer have a Notepad...
  5. Search Not Working After Resetting Windows

in Cortana
    Search Not Working After Resetting Windows: Hello, I have a problem since i reset my Windows not long ago. My Windows ver. is 20H2, before resetting this didn't happen. My search isn't working. When i type its just don't show what i typed. I tried to Restart Windows Explorer. Still not worked, what should i do? Sorry...
  6. Windows 10 reset after Insider Program

Windows 10 reset after Insider Program: Greetings. I joined the insider program a short time ago however I don't understand it as well as I feel I should. I'm not really a power user, I just figured that maybe by simply contributing feedback on issues would help but I feel that I should be a more advanced user in...
  7. Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset

Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset: I just reset my PC with the option "Keep my Files" but after the reset, I can see some of the apps still installed on my PC which are working but don't get listed under 'Apps & Features' nor in appwiz.cpl How do I get these a list of all these apps?...
  8. Windows not working after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not working after reset: I reset my computer, but the taskbar keeps flickering. I can't open command prompt. I was able to open task manager by using ctrl alt delete, but the close, window, minimize buttons and task manager name keep flickering to grey and back to normal. I also cannot interact with...
  9. Windows not working after surface reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not working after surface reset: I reset my surface pro (5th Generation) and logged in with outlook account. Although the home screen is appearing and the mouse works, the windows button doesn't work! Microsoft office and Edge are not there. The only apps that have appeared back on the taskbar are store,...
  10. program not working after resetting win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program not working after resetting win 10: Hello, I recently had to do a reset of windows 10 on my system when it wasn't letting me do updates anymore. before this I was able to use my program with no problem but after words it gave me the following error box. the program is Living cookbook 2015 by Radium...