Windows 10: No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.

Discus and support No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to opening windows settings but none of them are opening up, have tried restarting computer but I’m still having the same issue. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cowsaurus, Dec 14, 2020.

1. No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.

Trying to opening windows settings but none of them are opening up, have tried restarting computer but I’m still having the same issue.

submitted by /u/Cowsaurus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cowsaurus, Dec 14, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Stevekir Win User

No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.

Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly

Adobe InDesign takes a long time to load, much slower than Photoshop (for example). When I was on a Mac, an application, once manually launched, stayed running but in the background ("stayed resident" is a term I have heard). Its icon at the bottom of the screen had something to tell me that it was launched. When its icon was clicked on, the app opened immediately, ready for use, and when that (or all) its files were closed, the app stayed resident ready in the background for immediate opening again. (I have lots of RAM and HD space.)

How can I set this up in windows please?

Thanks.

Stevekir, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.

1. No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close. - Similar Threads - settings opening show

2. Quick Settings Closes When Clicked Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Closes When Clicked Windows 11: I've been facing this problem in Windows 11 for a very long time, where whenever I open quick settings and click on any button or slider, the settings menu just closes. It's really a great inconvenience and ruins the experience. All my drivers are up to date. The most recent...
  3. Quick Settings Closes When Clicked Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Settings Closes When Clicked Windows 11: I've been facing this problem in Windows 11 for a very long time, where whenever I open quick settings and click on any button or slider, the settings menu just closes. It's really a great inconvenience and ruins the experience. All my drivers are up to date. The most recent...
  4. CMD randomly opens then closes quickly Not Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD randomly opens then closes quickly Not Office: Recently I have been noticing that the CMD has been randomly opening up out of nowhereI checked online but noticed the issue had nothing to do with Windows Office.I recorded my screen then went back frame by frame to take a screenshot and tried to look for the location of...
  5. Black box randomly opening in center of screen and closing quickly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black box randomly opening in center of screen and closing quickly: I've been having this very annoying issue for about a month now where a black box pictured below will open and immediately close at random, making it extremely annoying to be in fullscreen applications as it will rip me out of them at its leisure.I attempted to track it down...
  6. Settings Screen - Don't Open The screen close automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Screen - Don't Open The screen close automatically: Hi All Currently, I have an issue with my computer with Windows 10, after implementing some updates with windows updater and restart the computer, the computer can't open the settings screen, always I open the screen and this closes automatically. after searching...
  7. Small window quickly opens and closes regularly

Small window quickly opens and closes regularly: Hi, I've had a persisting issue of some small window roughly 500px by 500px that opens and closes so quickly I can't figure out what it is and what is wrong. I just installed windows on this machine a couple months ago and I have not messed with installing any...
  8. Windows settings open and then close

Windows settings open and then close: When I go into Windows settings I'll try to open Update & Security and ease of access, It will start to open but only flash open and then close. I must have screwed something up....
  9. Windows 10 Settings App Opens and Closes Instantly and All quick settings grayed out in...

Windows 10 Settings App Opens and Closes Instantly and All quick settings grayed out in...: So I updated to Windows 10 October Update 1809. After Updating everything was working properly but after a few days the settings app stopped working. It closes instantly after opening. Also the quick settings in the action center are grayed out. To fix this problem I did a...
  10. Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly: Adobe InDesign takes a long time to load, much slower than Photoshop (for example). When I was on a Mac, an application, once manually launched, stayed running but in the background ("stayed resident" is a term I have heard). Its icon at the bottom of the screen had something...