Windows 10: No windows spotlight feature on my desktop

Discus and support No windows spotlight feature on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've tried almost every solution I've been able to find online, but the windows spotlight feature just isn't there on my desktop. I do have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kjell van Dijk, Mar 6, 2019.

1. No windows spotlight feature on my desktop

So I've tried almost every solution I've been able to find online, but the windows spotlight feature just isn't there on my desktop.

I do have the feature on my laptop but somehow my desktop doesn't have the feature.

I'm using windows 10 education... but as far as I am aware I should be able to use the feature nontheless.

Anyone knows a fix for this?

:)

Kjell van Dijk, Mar 6, 2019

2. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

Dear Sangeeta Sarkar,

I had concern regarding Windows Spotlight feature and you explained the process for changing
    Background by using slideshow.

Can you please try and explain the reason why you did this???

AjaySingh0105_19, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

No windows spotlight feature on my desktop

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

No windows spotlight feature on my desktop

1. No windows spotlight feature on my desktop - Similar Threads - spotlight feature desktop

2. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  3. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  4. Spotlight Feature is Not Available on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight Feature is Not Available on Windows 11: Hi,I am using latest Windows 11 13th Dec 2022 build and I don't see spotlight feature under Personalization section. Attached relevant screenshots for reference. Any advice would be helpful....
  5. Spotlight Feature is Not Available on Windows 11

Spotlight Feature is Not Available on Windows 11: Hi,I am using latest Windows 11 13th Dec 2022 build and I don't see spotlight feature under Personalization section. Attached relevant screenshots for reference. Any advice would be helpful....
  6. Spotlight on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight on Desktop: Hi, recently i installed the latest update from the release preview channel, which gave me the feature to access windows Spotlight on Desktop/home screen but in the craziness of seeing new pictures i clicked " not a fan " against all the pictures and not i am getting no new...
  7. Spotlight on Desktop

Spotlight on Desktop: Hi, recently i installed the latest update from the release preview channel, which gave me the feature to access windows Spotlight on Desktop/home screen but in the craziness of seeing new pictures i clicked " not a fan " against all the pictures and not i am getting no new...
  8. Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more: As you may already know, the next feature update ‘October 2020 Update’ for Windows 10 is going to be a minor release, which means that you won’t get any exciting new features this year. However, if you’re still part of the Windows Insider program, you will soon be allowed to...
  9. Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature: Hello Everyone! This is Sagnik. I am a user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Also, I use Windows 10 version 2004. So my concern is that I used to have the Windows Spotlight feature set on my lock screen. It used to show brilliant images everyday without having me to do anything. But...
  10. How to fix Windows Spotlight Feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to fix Windows Spotlight Feature: Hi I have been facing a problem with my windows spotlight features lately. The wallpaper on my Windows 10 Home OS does not change and is stuck on the same wallpaper for quite some time now. when I checked the directory where all those wallpapers are stored I find some type...