Windows 10: No windows update cleanup

Discus and support No windows update cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Today I updated my windows 10. There was an update of about 300 to 400 MBs. After installation 2 GB of the storage is utilized. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shehryar Nasir., Oct 18, 2020.

1. No windows update cleanup

Hello everyone,

Today I updated my windows 10. There was an update of about 300 to 400 MBs. After installation 2 GB of the storage is utilized.

So I ran disk cleanup but it is not showing "update cleanup" option which is always shown after updates and clean up to 2 gb Storage. Is it a bug or just a problem.

Please guide me. What should I do? Restore point is not created.

:)

Shehryar Nasir., Oct 18, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Disk cleanup don't cleans Windows Update Cleanup.

Here are the answers to your question:

• No, I haven't made any updates or changes but I think it is of Creators Update but there was no file named "Windows Update Cleanup" till some weeks or months, I just noticed after the day when I posted this thread.
    • No, I don't get any error message.
    • No, I haven't tried any troubleshooting steps.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Himanshu Sharma4182005, Oct 18, 2020
  4. No windows update cleanup

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

No windows update cleanup

1. No windows update cleanup - Similar Threads - update cleanup

2. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  3. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  4. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up: Hey, I'm trying to clear my system files on my C drive because I'm running out of space. So I'm trying to use disk clean up, it says I can clear 8.6GB but it never clears. I'm running it in admin mode but I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried using the Microsoft app 'PC...
  5. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up: Hey, I'm trying to clear my system files on my C drive because I'm running out of space. So I'm trying to use disk clean up, it says I can clear 8.6GB but it never clears. I'm running it in admin mode but I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried using the Microsoft app 'PC...
  6. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

7. Windows Update eating up space, Disk cleanup cannot find Windows Update Clean up after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update eating up space, Disk cleanup cannot find Windows Update Clean up after the...: Hello,1 I had about 4 GB of space on my C Drive. I have windows 10 Pro, 22H2. Within minutes, Windows update ate it all up down to about 500MB. I restarted after the updated. Went on that day to Disk Cleanup as administrator many times, but Windows Update Cleanup does not...
  8. Windows Update eating up space, Disk cleanup cannot find Windows Update Clean up after the...

Windows Update eating up space, Disk cleanup cannot find Windows Update Clean up after the...: Hello,1 I had about 4 GB of space on my C Drive. I have windows 10 Pro, 22H2. Within minutes, Windows update ate it all up down to about 500MB. I restarted after the updated. Went on that day to Disk Cleanup as administrator many times, but Windows Update Cleanup does not...
  9. Windows Update eating up space, Disk cleanup cannot find Windows Update Clean up after the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10: windows 10 update cleanup not working 12 2 2023