Windows 10: No windows update cleanup

Discus and support No windows update cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Today I updated my windows 10. There was an update of about 300 to 400 MBs. After installation 2 GB of the storage is utilized. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shehryar Nasir., Oct 18, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

1. No windows update cleanup

Hello everyone,

Today I updated my windows 10. There was an update of about 300 to 400 MBs. After installation 2 GB of the storage is utilized.

So I ran disk cleanup but it is not showing "update cleanup" option which is always shown after updates and clean up to 2 gb Storage. Is it a bug or just a problem.

Please guide me. What should I do? Restore point is not created.

:)

Shehryar Nasir., Oct 18, 2020 at 12:47 AM

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

3. Disk cleanup don't cleans Windows Update Cleanup.

Here are the answers to your question:

• No, I haven't made any updates or changes but I think it is of Creators Update but there was no file named "Windows Update Cleanup" till some weeks or months, I just noticed after the day when I posted this thread.
    • No, I don't get any error message.
    • No, I haven't tried any troubleshooting steps.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Himanshu Sharma4182005, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:49 AM
  4. No windows update cleanup

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Thema:

No windows update cleanup

1. No windows update cleanup - Similar Threads - update cleanup

2. Windows update cleanup not clearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update cleanup not clearing: I installed the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 2004. When I go to storage to cleanup Windows update cleanup, it cleaned up but not completely. It didn't say 0 bytes like before. I think this is a bug in 2004. I created a test user account but issue didn't get...
  3. Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the...: So, when I open disk cleanup and click "Clean up System Files", Disk Cleanup just closes and that means I am unable to delete the post update junk submitted by /u/Sergosh21 [link] [comments]...
  4. Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup

Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup: a have run disk cleanup but this time added the Windows Updates Cleanup as it was showing about 5GB to be cleaned. Well, sometime during the "clean" the Toshiba C-55 laptop shut down and now will only blink the power button 5 times when it is pushed. It had worked fine...
  5. Windows Update Cleanup

Windows Update Cleanup: I have windows 10 v2004 installed on ssd and i want to know is it safe to delete Windows Update cleanup from Disk Cleanup utility ?? cause it is taking 7.13 GB on C drive..and i want to know after how many days Winsxs folder content is deleted automatically ??...
  6. Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...?: Yesterday evening (a week after last Win Update)- I opened File Explorer, and there was an update OneDrive now..., at the top (previously when I hovered over OneDrive Icon on taskbar, it said up to date). I opened File Explorer again, and clicked Update (Desktop, Documents,...
  7. delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files: how to delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files because my c drive is full and I cannot install the latest windows update files. I used the windows method in settings but fails. Troubleshooter is a joke!!!...
  8. unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator: unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-windows-update-cleanup-even-when/6c3db18a-2abd-4ad2-9879-c77bb7d2c824
  9. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  10. Unable to delete Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to delete Windows Update Cleanup: First of all to prevent misunderstanding me, I used the Disk clean up and the Remove Temporary Files to get some space back after the cumulative update today (2004 is not offered to me yet). The problem is that it keeps showing up even after I set it to be purged/deleted and...