Windows 10: No Windows Update Settings

Discus and support No Windows Update Settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've noticed that I've not received an update for a long time. So, I opened Settings to check if I've somehow disabled automatic updates. I opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maidhkc, Sep 6, 2020.

1. maidhkc Win User

No Windows Update Settings

I've noticed that I've not received an update for a long time.
    So, I opened Settings to check if I've somehow disabled automatic updates.

I opened Updates & Security > Windows Update and... nothing.

There is not a single option in Windows Update settings blank.

No Windows Update Settings 04f906ab-52b1-4b92-8cdf-ac9494e3e752?upload=true.png

Tried manually installing updates via Update Assistant but it shows an error picture below every time I run it as administrator.

By the way, BITS & Windows Update services are enabled.

No Windows Update Settings 5f6a765e-279f-4395-895e-5ca3a31e969b?upload=true.png

And I also tried by installing Media Creation Tool, which closed for no reason at the end of the installation.

I could use some insights on what's causing this issue.

Regards, Maid.

:)

maidhkc, Sep 6, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 6, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond No Windows Update Settings :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. No Windows Update Settings - Similar Threads - Update Settings

2. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  3. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  4. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  6. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  7. How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?: Every time Windows 11 provides an update mine currently set to Automatically perform updates, it changes my Personalized Settings? How can I stop this from happening?Why is Microsoft NOT returning/saving my Personalized settings?If the only answer is to NOT update the OS,...
  8. How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?

How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?: Every time Windows 11 provides an update mine currently set to Automatically perform updates, it changes my Personalized Settings? How can I stop this from happening?Why is Microsoft NOT returning/saving my Personalized settings?If the only answer is to NOT update the OS,...
  9. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  10. Settings revert after Windows update

Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...