Windows 10: No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

Discus and support No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't have a wireless connection, but pc shows airplane mode. Any ideas how that came to be? It's win 10 1803 and only has the integrated ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yelltom, Feb 6, 2019.

1. yelltom Win User

No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

I don't have a wireless connection, but pc shows airplane mode. Any ideas how that came to be?

It's win 10 1803 and only has the integrated ethernet adapter on a desktop computer (HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF)

:)

yelltom, Feb 6, 2019

2. Stuck in airplane mode after upgrade

when stuck in Airplane mode, I go through the troubleshooting steps and it shows the wireless adapter and then goes back to Airplane mode. it stays stuck there and no amount of troubleshooting fixes it. The only way to fix it is to restore back to an
    earlier time.

RalphMisener, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Airplane Mode On Windows Desktops

Hi,

To answer your question, airplane mode is only available for desktops that have wireless capability. You won't have this option if your desktop has no wireless network adapter. To check if your desktop has a wireless network adapter, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type control panel on the search bar.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, type adapter on the search bar.
    • Click on View network connections.

The adapters installed in your computer are listed there.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Feb 6, 2019
  4. No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

1. No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode - Similar Threads - wireless adapter Win10

2. Wireless Adapter is not Showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Adapter is not Showing.: Hello, My Device details, Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ARH05AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Windows 11 I was scrolling through reels on Instagram and came across a reel that shows how to get rid of the "Windows Activation" Watermark.According to the creator of the reel, This command "bcdedit...
  3. Wireless Adapter is not Showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Adapter is not Showing.: Hello, My Device details, Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ARH05AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Windows 11 I was scrolling through reels on Instagram and came across a reel that shows how to get rid of the "Windows Activation" Watermark.According to the creator of the reel, This command "bcdedit...
  4. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  5. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  6. Airplane mode only showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode only showing up: My computer has randomly started not showing any internet connections, and even after network resetting and troubleshooting it still remains the same.What do I do?This is a windows 11 computer....
  7. Airplane mode only showing up

Airplane mode only showing up: My computer has randomly started not showing any internet connections, and even after network resetting and troubleshooting it still remains the same.What do I do?This is a windows 11 computer....
  8. Windows 10 Desktop PC Stuck In Airplane Mode. No Wireless Adapter Is Installed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Desktop PC Stuck In Airplane Mode. No Wireless Adapter Is Installed.: I have one user who has a Dell Optiplex 5060 that ONLY has an ethernet adapter. No wireless adapter. It does have Bluetooth capabilities. It somehow went into airplane mode and turned the Bluetooth off. They use a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Now that airplane...
  9. Airplane mode and WiFi are showing up

Airplane mode and WiFi are showing up: I have a desktop computer that wouldn’t show any WiFi networks. I put it on airplane mode and tried to turn it back off but it won’t show airplane mode anyway in my computer. It's not in settings, action center, anything. Is there a way to make my airplane mode show up on...
  10. Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?

Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?: As the title suddenly I cannot connect and have the airplane mode on. I have no wireless installed on the machine. Clicking it in the tray does nothing. Its seems to be grayed or shaded. I have no toggle for it in network settings. I have to restart to get online but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wireless connection on desktop airplane mode showing

2. desktop computer only has airplane mode and cannot detect wireless adapter

3. no wirelesss adapter win10