Windows 10: No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

Discus and support No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't have a wireless connection, but pc shows airplane mode. Any ideas how that came to be? It's win 10 1803 and only has the integrated ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yelltom, Feb 6, 2019.

1. yelltom Win User

No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

I don't have a wireless connection, but pc shows airplane mode. Any ideas how that came to be?

It's win 10 1803 and only has the integrated ethernet adapter on a desktop computer (HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF)

:)

yelltom, Feb 6, 2019

2. Stuck in airplane mode after upgrade

when stuck in Airplane mode, I go through the troubleshooting steps and it shows the wireless adapter and then goes back to Airplane mode. it stays stuck there and no amount of troubleshooting fixes it. The only way to fix it is to restore back to an
    earlier time.

RalphMisener, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Airplane Mode On Windows Desktops

Hi,

To answer your question, airplane mode is only available for desktops that have wireless capability. You won't have this option if your desktop has no wireless network adapter. To check if your desktop has a wireless network adapter, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type control panel on the search bar.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, type adapter on the search bar.
    • Click on View network connections.

The adapters installed in your computer are listed there.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Feb 6, 2019
  4. No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode

1. No wireless adapter, Win10 still showing Airplane Mode - Similar Threads - wireless adapter Win10

2. airplane mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode: how do I shut off airplane mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/b872e741-b42d-4382-aabb-a5c21f6968e0
  3. Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Airplane Mode: Every morning when I first turn my laptop on it is automatically in Airplane Mode. It will not allow me to click to take it off of Airplane Mode. I have to restart and then I'm online. I am not setting it to Airplane Mode at any time. It just automatically goes there on its...
  4. airplane mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    airplane mode: I am running 10 and a desktop unit. All of a sudden it goes to airplane mode and I can't get it off. Please if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know. It is a desktop not a laptop. Thank you...
  5. airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode: Cannot shut off airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/ccecabe9-ec99-41bd-ac33-32c6e5563c4f
  6. Airplane Mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Airplane Mode?: I turned on my win10 pc tonite and cannot sign on. Seems to be stuck on airplane mode, whatever that is. How do I restore everything back to normal. This is the first time I have ever seen this in all my years of dealing with pc’s....
  7. Airplane mode

Airplane mode: On Windows 10 taskbar , Network Internet Access icon at the bottom does not have other than Airplane mode icon and this airplane mode is solid on and canèt be turned off. Also special characters donèt type it properly as you can see here. Any comments please...
  8. Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?

Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?: As the title suddenly I cannot connect and have the airplane mode on. I have no wireless installed on the machine. Clicking it in the tray does nothing. Its seems to be grayed or shaded. I have no toggle for it in network settings. I have to restart to get online but it...
  9. Airplane mode

Airplane mode: Everytime I use edge and hit the enter key airplane mode turns on. I have turned it off many times in both the airplane mode feature and in the network feature but it keeps turning back on. Anyone know how I can completely disable airplane mode - I don't need it. Thanks*Mad...
  10. Airplane mode

Airplane mode: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and when using Edge the airplane mode keeps going on. I put it to off in network and airplane mode then it goes to the internet but as soon as I do anything airplane mode comes back on keeping me from getting on internet. Cannot even get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wireless connection on desktop airplane mode showing

2. desktop computer only has airplane mode and cannot detect wireless adapter

3. no wirelesss adapter win10