Windows 10: No wireless network after clean install

Discus and support No wireless network after clean install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently performed a clean install of windows 10 home. I can access the internet with an ethernet connection but there is no wireless connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mroxx524, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Mroxx524 Win User

No wireless network after clean install

I recently performed a clean install of windows 10 home. I can access the internet with an ethernet connection but there is no wireless connection available. In the device manager, under other devices and network controller there is a blue question mark over a white circle, on the icon. When I check the device status it says no drivers are installed for this device, but when I try to install drivers, my computer restarts. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Mroxx524, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, No wireless network after clean install :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 15, 2019
  4. No wireless network after clean install

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

No wireless network after clean install

1. No wireless network after clean install - Similar Threads - wireless network clean

2. Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install: Hi,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 build 19044What I encountered was that neither the network computers nor storage was listed when viewed with File Explorer > My PC. Only the media devices were listed under Network Locations.I googled the problem extensively and...
  3. Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install: Hi,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 build 19044What I encountered was that neither the network computers nor storage was listed when viewed with File Explorer > My PC. Only the media devices were listed under Network Locations.I googled the problem extensively and...
  4. Network Computer visibility after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Renamed computer after clean install, disappeared from network.

Renamed computer after clean install, disappeared from network.: I’ve been trying to determine why my networked computers cant see each other. Rebuilt bith drsktops with new mb and did a clean install. When i changed the crazy name assiged, computer xyx1066, or some such non sense to “craftroom”, it no longer shows in file explorer on...
  6. Wireless printers not being found after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless printers not being found after clean install: I think the title says it all. Did clean install-moved things back into place-set up accounts, etc., etc., but, I did all this with wireless printers so they were never picked up (not in device manager). When I used SETTINGS-Devices-Printers to find/add the printers they are...
  7. Wireless printers not being found after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Wireless printers not being found after clean install: I think the title says it all. Did clean install-moved things back into place-set up accounts, etc., etc., but, I did all this with wireless printers so they were never picked up (not in device manager). When I used SETTINGS-Devices-Printers to find/add the printers they are...
  8. Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10: A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn...
  9. Clean Install done elsewhere-not owners wireless network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install done elsewhere-not owners wireless network: Following the tutorial https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/clean-install-windows-10.246/ This friend's MSI cr620 laptop was previously on Win 10 1511 so its activated and a local account was used then. The AU would not install and he had Win7 clean installed. Now its...
  10. After a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a clean install: I'm planning on a clean install of Win 10 to a new SSD. There's good info on that process in the forum....but I can't find out how to handle the old C: drive when a new C: (SSD) appears. I understand that when installing I should unplug all the drives except the SSD and the...