Windows 10: No WLAN after Windows Update?

Discus and support No WLAN after Windows Update? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I downloaded the latest win10 update on my laptop. After rebooting I can't receive WLAN anymore, a restart of my laptop and router didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gercat, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Gercat Win User

No WLAN after Windows Update?

Yesterday I downloaded the latest win10 update on my laptop. After rebooting I can't receive WLAN anymore, a restart of my laptop and router didn't help.

Other devices can connect to the WLAN, but not the laptop. If I connect my laptop to the router with a cable I have internet but to work it is very unfavorable to sit directly at the router.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Gercat, Aug 9, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Windows WLAN Service: Regular ping spikes on a stable WLAN connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click properties

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: If still you are facing issues, then
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers

• Click start.

• Type devmgmt.msc in Start
      Search.

• In Network adapter you will find the device, right click on it and select the option
      uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check reinstalling the drivers.
    Refer:
    How to install and Update Drivers

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 9, 2020
  4. aikonN8 Win User

Removing WLAN Utilities

Wan update instructions below state remove wan utilities,

Uninstallation instructions:

• Turn WLAN Off
    • Manually uninstall "WLAN Utilities" package from the installed applications.
    • Turn WLAN On
    I can't find them under installed applications anywhere. Could somebody give step by step instrucions, I've looked in :

Installations/ already installed.

aikonN8, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. No WLAN after Windows Update? - Similar Threads - WLAN Update

2. Qualcomm Wifi Adapter problems on 802.11r WLANs after KBKB5032288 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Wifi Adapter problems on 802.11r WLANs after KBKB5032288 update: Dear Microsoft,I'm a local IT guy at an university in Belgium and we had 4 students with exactly the same problem after this update. They can't connect to our wifi-network. Only a removal of this windows update fixes the problem at the moment.All the wifi adapters are...
  3. Qualcomm Wifi Adapter problems on 802.11r WLANs after KBKB5032288 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Qualcomm Wifi Adapter problems on 802.11r WLANs after KBKB5032288 update: Dear Microsoft,I'm a local IT guy at an university in Belgium and we had 4 students with exactly the same problem after this update. They can't connect to our wifi-network. Only a removal of this windows update fixes the problem at the moment.All the wifi adapters are...
  4. Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running: Hi there, after the last Windows 10 Update I'm facing the problem of not having internet access anymore. Find out so far that the Wlan AutoConfig service isn't running. Tried to manually start this service run Services->Wlan AutoConfig-.Properties->Start brings up this error...
  5. Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running: Hi there, after the last Windows 10 Update I'm facing the problem of not having internet access anymore. Find out so far that the Wlan AutoConfig service isn't running. Tried to manually start this service run Services->Wlan AutoConfig-.Properties->Start brings up this error...
  6. Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot update Qualcomn Atheros WLAN Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot update Qualcomn Atheros WLAN Driver: Hello I have a problem while I was updating Qualcomn Atheros WLAN Driver. I have updated my Wlan Driver from 10.0.3.462 to 12.0.0.953 by installer from my laptop manufacture, but the version still 10.0.3.462. I also have tried update it from extracted folder, but the version...
  8. Updating the WLAN Ralink RT3090

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating the WLAN Ralink RT3090: I keep getting the "blue screen" and a computer reboot due to "netR 28X System" and the based on the available info, it's because Windows 10 does not like my old computer and the wireless driver. So how can I update the drive ONLY without having to download a bunch of...
  9. Endless cycle of BSODs, WLAN-related, not fixed by driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless cycle of BSODs, WLAN-related, not fixed by driver update: For a few good months, my Lenovo T580 Windows 10 laptop has been affected by the problem of reocurring BSODs, with the error codes either CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ~80% of the cases or BAD_SYSTEM_INFO_CONFIG ~20% of cases. These BSODs trigger a reboot loop, whereby the PC would...
  10. WLAN function disappeared after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN function disappeared after windows update: Hello, this is the third time i"ve been facing with the same problem without any solution and the wifi just recovering by itself I would like to ask, my wlan function suddenly disappeared after i have window10 update , i tried cmd promt and recovering my windows, but it...