Windows 10: No working USB drivers after W10 install

Discus and support No working USB drivers after W10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I've done update installs of W10 on 2 of my older computers with W7 64bit systems, no problems at all. Then feeling confident tried it with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pisaacs, May 28, 2016.

1. pisaacs Win User

No working USB drivers after W10 install

Hi. I've done update installs of W10 on 2 of my older computers with W7 64bit systems, no problems at all. Then feeling confident tried it with my latest built computer, also W7 64bit, which has an Asus Sabertooth mb Rev 2, with latest bios. Using the Media Creation Tool, everything seemed to go ok with the update. However, I had no mouse (USB) and investigating I found that none of the USB drivers were working. All the usb drivers had yellow '!' marks: "the software for this device has been blocked because it is known to have problems with Windows[code 48]. Tried the update drive procedure and the response was that the latest drivers were already installed. After a few hours trying to figure it out I gave up and recovered my W7 os with again working usb ddrivers and ports.

Any ideas so that I can install W10 successfully? I do not want to do a clean install.

:)

pisaacs, May 28, 2016

2. USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

I also ran into the same problem. I have PNY 64GB USB 3.0 Attache Flash drive since a year. Worked perfect with my ASUS P8P67 MoBo PC with Windows 7, 64 bit OS. After upgrading OS to W10 Only this Flash Drive failed to work. W10 gave me errors like - Device
    is not recognized. Tried solutions in this post, but did not help.

At you own risk Try this driver :

Download Renesas Electronics* USB 3.0 Driver for Intel® Desktop Board DZ68AF and DZ68PL

Installing this driver pack worked for me. Looks like W10 needs updated driver from Renesas Electronics, as it is available here for Intel Desktop boards. ASUS (my MoBo manufacturer doesn't have it on their website, sad)

poffers1200, May 28, 2016
  3. Logitech USB headset H340 stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi, until I upgraded to W10 Logitech USB headset H340 worked correctly. Now W10 says there is no driver installed. So I try to find it via W10 on my computer or on-line, but W10 says it cannot find this driver.

Logitech¨s web support says the is no need for the driver...

Any ideas???

Thanks Vlastimil

VlastimilŠipl, May 28, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

if you have your windows 7 recovery on external media - then try a clean installation of windows 10

Thema:

1. No working USB drivers after W10 install - Similar Threads - working USB drivers

2. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  3. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  4. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. installing W10 shortly after clean instal of W8.1 (no drivers/updates)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing W10 shortly after clean instal of W8.1 (no drivers/updates): Hi, in the past 4 years I've been running a laptop from msi with preinstalled win8.1 (its an msi GT72-2QD with GTX 970M and i7-5700HQ, UEFI-BIOS). Today i decided to make a clean instal of Win8.1 using an ISO from eightforums.com (TechBench by WZT): Windows 8 and Windows...
  6. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  7. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...
  8. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...
  9. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...
  10. USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10?

USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10?: Hi I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. My computer has: 1. standard built in USB ports (to the motherboard), 2. PCI USB 2 card 3. PCI USB 3 card For some reason, only the built in USB ports work properly. The USB3 card works with external drives,...