Windows 10: No 'zipped folder' option

Discus and support No 'zipped folder' option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have no option to create a zipped folder, as the image below showsi can only create WinRAR folders. this is a new computer, so maybe something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Name1MK, May 28, 2022.

1. Name1MK Win User

No 'zipped folder' option

Hello,I have no option to create a zipped folder, as the image below showsi can only create WinRAR folders. this is a new computer, so maybe something is missing? I installed winrar shortly after completing the system installation. So how do i get the 'create zipped folder' option again? thanks

:)

Name1MK, May 28, 2022

2. Windows 10 File or folder Zip feature

I tried to compress a folder containing 15+ files. When I right clicked on the folder, moved to Send To, a selection for Bluetooth was the only option displayed. I repeated this step several times and then the listing included the file compression option,
    so I was able to zip the folder.

I needed to zip another set of similar files. This time only the Bluetooth option displayed after right clicking on the folder, to view the available options listed under Send To.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

WheelwrightA, May 28, 2022
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, May 28, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Transfering photos from a zipped folder to another folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to transfer photos from a zipped folder to another folder. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

You can use the Extract option to transfer the files from a zipped folder to another location. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location of zipped folder.
    2. Right click on the zipped folder and select
      Extract All
      , and follow the instructions.

For more information, see
    Zip and unzip files

If you receive access denied error when accessing the folders, refer the steps mentioned in the article

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. No 'zipped folder' option - Similar Threads - 'zipped folder' option

2. adding zip options to files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding zip options to files and folders: how can i add an option to compress files in to zip folder? i have option to compress to rar files only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-zip-options-to-files-and-folders/fad037cf-13af-4b3a-8a17-3b7552a60f26
  3. adding zip options to files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding zip options to files and folders: how can i add an option to compress files in to zip folder? i have option to compress to rar files only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-zip-options-to-files-and-folders/fad037cf-13af-4b3a-8a17-3b7552a60f26
  4. Zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zipped Folders: 1. I get this message after I tried to cut and paste 2,000+ images from a zipped folder to a new folder. I tried following both methods from this thread:...
  5. No 'zipped folder' option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No 'zipped folder' option: Hello,I have no option to create a zipped folder, as the image below showsi can only create WinRAR folders. this is a new computer, so maybe something is missing? I installed winrar shortly after completing the system installation. So how do i get the 'create zipped folder'...
  6. No 'zipped folder' option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No 'zipped folder' option: Hello,I have no option to create a zipped folder, as the image below showsi can only create WinRAR folders. this is a new computer, so maybe something is missing? I installed winrar shortly after completing the system installation. So how do i get the 'create zipped folder'...
  7. Zip folders

Zip folders: I'm having some problems with my zip folders on my USB Drive E:. When I try downloading the zip folders from my class's website, I get multiple error messages.When I try opening them up from the zip folder, I get these error messages:When I try to extract the files from the...
  8. Zip a folder

Zip a folder: I am using windows 10. I need to zip a folder. I made right click on it and select send to compressed zip folder.I received an error message which says "unable to complete the operation. The access is denied". Please how can solve this issue?...
  9. Zipped folders

Zipped folders: hi, i am trying to figure out how to unzip folders on my computer. I need to do it to add music i made onto itunes... can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zipped-folders/69b94fea-1059-4083-b840-0791ddb6f0a1"
  10. zip to folder

in Windows 10 Support
    zip to folder: How do you change compressed (zip) folders into regular folders with out loosing anything? I downloaded a bunch of stuff and it is all in zip folders. Is there a reason I should keep them zipped, I have plenty of space. 43464