Windows 10: Nocapturestate.etl can it be safely deleted?

Discus and support Nocapturestate.etl can it be safely deleted? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While looking for large deletable file I’ve found Nocapturestate.etl in Windows Performance Toolkit gpuview. Its an 11gb file is it safe to remove it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by the2ndlove, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Nocapturestate.etl can it be safely deleted?

While looking for large deletable file I’ve found Nocapturestate.etl in Windows Performance Toolkit gpuview. Its an 11gb file is it safe to remove it?

:)

the2ndlove, Sep 28, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Error source: Kernel-EventTracing ID: 2 Task category: Session

Before we delete it, we suggest that you create a backup first, and do that just, follow the directory. See the steps below:

• Go to C: > Windows > Logs
      > NetSetup > service.0.etl.
    • Right-click on service.0.etl and copy and paste it where the same file (service.0.etl) is saved in.
    • When pasting, add a .bak on the file name. It should be like this:
      service.0.etl.bak.

Once, done proceed with deleting it. Still, follow the directory, this time, when you do the right-click, choose
    Delete.

Let us know if this allows you delete the file.

John Sarc, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Can I DELETE System.1.etl file ?!

I have Windows 10 Pro x64, all updates are done. In disk C: I find an ETL file said (System.1.etl). Can I DELETE it?

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!121\Microsoft\F12\etw\log\C8839E0B-4FEF-4D1C-95B3-DD70015A5E66thank you.

Houssem KHADRAOUI, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Nocapturestate.etl can it be safely deleted?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Nocapturestate.etl can it be safely deleted?

1. Nocapturestate.etl can it be safely deleted? - Similar Threads - Nocapturestate etl safely

2. .etl files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  3. .etl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  4. .etl files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  6. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  7. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can this ETL file be deleted?

Can this ETL file be deleted?: I am running Windows 10 Home X64. I have an ETL file, in the root of C:\, that is over 23gb in size. It is the "gemmauf.etl" file. How important is this file? Is it safe to delete this file especially, since it is taking up a lot of disk space?...
  9. Can I safely delete install.wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I safely delete install.wim?: I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete this install.wim that is currently setting in my C drive and using 9GB? 115022
  10. Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?: Does $Windows.~WS need to be left in place for anything, e.g. 'Reset this PC', or can it be safely deleted? Thanks. 9407