Windows 10: Noise, not sound

Discus and support Noise, not sound in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not always, but frequently, when I am attempting to play a sound on YouTube or other sources, whether attempting to access video or audio, I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DJJazzyNoni, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Noise, not sound

Not always, but frequently, when I am attempting to play a sound on YouTube or other sources, whether attempting to access video or audio, I get a series of loud and disturbing sounds, rather than the sound that should be produced, Any ideas?

:)

DJJazzyNoni, Mar 6, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Noise, not sound :p

cadaveca, Mar 6, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Noise, not sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Noise, not sound

1. Noise, not sound - Similar Threads - Noise sound

2. Clicking sound or popping noise from microphone on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Clicking sound or popping noise from microphone on PC: [IMG]The clicking sound or popping noise from a microphone on a Windows PC is frustrating because it interrupts the video or screen recording. Due to this issue, users cannot use the microphone on video or audio calls in different apps. If you experience such an issue on your...
  3. My computer freezes with a very loud sound like white noise from the speakers, then resets...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes with a very loud sound like white noise from the speakers, then resets...: I have only witnessed this happening while I game, for now.System Details:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 System Manufacturer ASUS System Type x64-based PC System SKU SKU Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-12900K, 3200 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24...
  4. My computer freezes with a very loud sound like white noise from the speakers, then resets...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes with a very loud sound like white noise from the speakers, then resets...: I have only witnessed this happening while I game, for now.System Details:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 System Manufacturer ASUS System Type x64-based PC System SKU SKU Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-12900K, 3200 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24...
  5. how can i fix my microphone making buzzing sounds/white noise?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix my microphone making buzzing sounds/white noise?: Hello! i have found myself hearing strange buzzing/white noise from my microphone instead of my voice, it happened the first time for a brief moment before it stopped, the second time it took longer and i had updated all my drivers to see if it would help, however, it...
  6. how can i fix my microphone making buzzing sounds/white noise?

how can i fix my microphone making buzzing sounds/white noise?: Hello! i have found myself hearing strange buzzing/white noise from my microphone instead of my voice, it happened the first time for a brief moment before it stopped, the second time it took longer and i had updated all my drivers to see if it would help, however, it...
  7. how can i fix my microphone making buzzing sounds/white noise?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound: Hello, I just bought a new computer and i hear a static noise in one side of my heaphones. I updated the drivers, I disabled all other sound devices other than my headphones, but ONLY when I play a youtube video or something else I hear a noise in my ear. Even if I disable...
  9. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound: Hello, I just bought a new computer and i hear a static noise in one side of my heaphones. I updated the drivers, I disabled all other sound devices other than my headphones, but ONLY when I play a youtube video or something else I hear a noise in my ear. Even if I disable...
  10. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

Users found this page by searching for:

1. noise that is not sound