Windows 10: Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio

Discus and support Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, After updating my Dell Inspiron 7373 Realtek Audio Device, a very irritating noise/distortion speaker sound showed up and Idk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Juan Carlos Lopez Obregon, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio

Hi Microsoft Community,

After updating my Dell Inspiron 7373 Realtek Audio Device, a very irritating noise/distortion speaker sound showed up and Idk why??? I rolled back the audio device driver but nothing happened, by the way.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

:)

Juan Carlos Lopez Obregon, Sep 17, 2019

2. Distorted noise through headphones

Hi guys,

I'm at the end of my tether dealing with my laptops noise issues. A couple of days ago I noticed that when I plugged in my headphones, the noise sounded distorted - like distanced/echoed or "tinny" - but the audio was fine out loud. So naturally I tried
    another pair of earphones - same issue with those. So I presumed the jack had been broken, tried wiggling it around a bit but its a fairly new laptop and it still seemed intact. So, after doing some googling I decided that I would uninstall the sound driver
    to see if that was the issue.

I uninstalled the Realtek High Definition Audio, which prompted Windows to revert back to the standard High Definition Audio. Lo and behold, the audio is perfect through headphones but now the opposite has happened to my laptop audio - it has become distorted
    out loud!

Can anyone please shine some light on this problem for me? My boyfriend's answer was "just listen to your laptop through your headphones or out loud" haha but that's beside the point! I want the options!!!

Many thanks!

bethamylouise, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Akantus Win User

Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio

Audio distorts in short periodic intervalls(general Driver compatibili

Hey guys!
    W10 old insider build upgraded to w10 pro.
    no matter what media: mp3 in WMP, AUdio in movie or audio in the flashplayer(youtube)
    My audio distorts in periodic intervalls with an foreign noise distortion.

I have an old Laptop that still has official W7 drivers and they are at least partly installed(chipset) but the grafics driver is installed from W10 as the official ones from ATI and my laptop manufacturer wont install.

I ran the windows driver stresstest as advised in this forum but the laptop crashed BEFORE THE BOOTLOADER! ... had to boot it in safe mode.
    Here are the logfiles:
    WIN-4NE8IBU1EPP-20_08_2015_235238,98.zip

Akantus, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio

1. Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio - Similar Threads - Noise Distortion Laptop

2. strange noise from my audio port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    strange noise from my audio port: dear team, i am using gigabyte z170x from last 3years. everything was working fine, today i have upgraded my casing, when i installed everything started my windows and i notice a noise on my headphone, noise raise up when doing anything or copy files. noise started when i...
  3. distorted and out of sync audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    distorted and out of sync audio: For the last few weeks I have been having issues with all streamed audio being distorted and out of sync with video. It affects all sources, youtube. netflix etc and happens in all browsers. It doesn't happen with local files. I have tried every solution I found online....
  4. distorted audio since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted audio since last update: many issues since the last couple updates but now my audio has also crapped out. will try to stay focused on this issue (eg ignore the other 5 or 6 blue screen of death error messages I am now getting on a pretty much daily basis) but may be related as most of the blue...
  5. realtec audio is distorting and bad

realtec audio is distorting and bad: iv tried windows 10 pro install 2x now and the problem still persists played with the studio cd quality no avail enhancements off on making no difference same with video and the audio drives ben reinstalled 3 times...
  6. Audio Recording is Distorted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Recording is Distorted: I am experiencing bad distortion when recording. At first I thought it was my external hardware, the Presonus Audiobox, but, when I tried recording through the microphone on my Logitech camera, I get the same horrible distortion. This only started recently, maybe the past...
  7. How to fix Win10 Audio distortion

How to fix Win10 Audio distortion: Ever since the last update for win7....and then an update for win10 afew months ago, I have had audio distortion. When sounds get loud (as in movies or games) the audio starts breaking up. I followed the Microsoft info to uninstall various drivers....but I have not been...
  8. Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic: Hello everyone, I noticed that there are scratchy noises and very noticeable sound distortion with Wifi traffic on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 3rd Gen) starting about 3 days ago. With the noises, the mouse becomes sluggish and video playback experiences small...
  9. Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?

Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?: Is my soundcard broken? Just a day ago I accidentally yanked my headphone cord while it was in the socket(the one on the back of my desktop). This broke the plastic around the edge. Now when I plug my headphones in again, the sound is missing half of the...
  10. Static Noises for Audio

Static Noises for Audio: Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio is static and garbled 2019