Windows 10: noise when switcing on before login

Discus and support noise when switcing on before login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, when I switch my PC on the light blinks and it sounds like someone is diallling in and out - old modem dialling type tone. It the opens with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by selina kyle, Jan 30, 2019.

1. noise when switcing on before login

Hi, when I switch my PC on the light blinks and it sounds like someone is diallling in and out - old modem dialling type tone. It the opens with the usual start up/login screen and works as normal. I am wondering if someone is hacking in ready for when I log on? I have changed all my passwords and ran scans on everything with no result. Any idea whats going on here and how to resolve it?

:)

selina kyle, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 30, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

noise when switcing on before login

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

noise when switcing on before login

1. noise when switcing on before login - Similar Threads - noise switcing before

2. grey screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    grey screen before login: so for some reason for the past few days probably after the latest windows update every time i turn on my pc after the windows loading and before the login screen i get a grey screen it does not affect anything and it goes away after 5-10 seconds and windows starts normally...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  4. Image BEFORE Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image BEFORE Login: Somehow, the screen prior to me logging in on my Surface Tablet started showing one of my photos. How do I change it or reset the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-before-login/e324f492-6e0b-4660-9471-928fa15767f6
  5. No sound before login to Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sound before login to Windows: I have been using HotAlarmClock HAC as my alarm software. And I am using the latest Windows 10 x64. When I go to sleep I put computer to sleep and in the morning HAC wakes the computer and starts to play music. It has worked before, but now couple of weeks ago update was...
  6. Blank screen before Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen before Login: I've been using window 10 since day one and did a clean install 11/14/19. Started have problems around 6/20/19 upgrade. Now using Windows 10 1909 V 18363.657. It keep getting a blank/black screen before I can see login screen. If i hit my rest button to reboot "once", I can...
  7. Switching Accounts before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Accounts before login: Hey, i found lots of ways to switch accounts AFTER login, but my problem is little different. I want to have choice between accounts before login, not auto-login to last used account. i don't want to have passwords, which is only solution that i found. W10 1909 submitted by...
  8. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Build 1903 During computet action: restore point restorin pc registry files message Hard shoutdown preformed! Now computer has black screen after boot! No sign in loaded Harddrivr LED blinking Is there a way to fix!...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Long delay before login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long delay before login.: Just installed Windows 10 on my fathers laptop. Did an upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Then did a clean install. Same issue. On boot up I see the HP BIOS Logo, then the Windows logo with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes blank, just the backlight for almost 2 full...