Windows 10: Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack.

Discus and support Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all [img] Since I'm from New Zealand Cortana is not available for my Lumia 640 which is running Windows 10 Mobile. So I switched my region... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ellellell1, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack.

Hi all

Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack. [​IMG]

Since I'm from New Zealand Cortana is not available for my Lumia 640 which is running Windows 10 Mobile. So I switched my region to Australia which has a very similar language style and ran Cortana. It then asked me to switch the speech language to the one Cortana needed to have which was Australia. So I clicked on download for this, and it is still downloading. I think it was about 24 MB or something which means it shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes.

I tired downloading the Canada language to see if this would jump start it but no luck. I also tried turning the phone off and on, restarting it and trying to add another keyboard. Now I am stuck. I guess I am basically looking for a way to end this process (speech) or to reset it somehow so I can try re-downloading Australia. I previously had downloaded US language and this downloaded fine...

:)

ellellell1, Apr 7, 2016

2. Speech language pack

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I can't install new speech language packs.

I went to Settings --> Speech --> Speech language : selected from download list another language like Chinese or Japanese. A popup appears, "Download Speech language?" I select "yes". Underneath the language pack name it says "Downloading language..."
    then it ends and displays "Couldn't download. Tap to retry." I tried this many times, on different wireless networks. I tried different language packs. No luck.

Any suggestions? (this is Nokia Lumia 820, I'm in China)

Settings: language and region has been set to China (I also tried US).

Thanks

miyudreams, Apr 7, 2016
  3. rudlof Win User
    Language Downloading Problem

Restart your phone to continue downloading the language. You need to do it over a firm wireless connection or through your mobile network data connection. And try to check if the time is properly configured. It can be a cause why the process suddenly stops.
    Try the solutions I found here:
    http://www.techyv.com/questions/nokia-lumia-stuck-downloading-speech-language.
    It might work for you.

rudlof, Apr 7, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack.

If you press and hold on the ones you want to delete, does it give a 'right-click' context menu to remove them?

ARC1020, Apr 7, 2016
  5. No, I think it has slightly changed in Windows 10 Mobile. Instead you just click on it once and it gives you some options. No options for English (Australia) or English (Canada) unfortunately. I have also left my phone on overnight and still no luck...

ellellell1, Apr 8, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Did you try holding the volume down and power buttons to restart your phone? This is the same as removing the battery.

Winuser, Apr 8, 2016
  7. Yes I did that, plus removing the battery. Really want to try everything before resetting my phone, as it is quite a pain...

ellellell1, Apr 8, 2016
  8. Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack.

Interestingly enough you have to go to the main "Phone update" screen to actually download the language pack. Well worked for me anyway *Smile. Thanks for the support guys.

EDIT: When using phone update, an error keeps occuring... I guess I might just have to use US for Cortana... Not an issue right away but now having the problem of trying to delete these languag epack which I am unable to do...

ellellell1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack.

1. Nokia Lumia 640 stuck on downloading speech language pack. - Similar Threads - Nokia Lumia 640

2. UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE: Good morning,I have a Nokia Lumia 640 LTE and i want to upgrade with windows 10. I tried and manage to have now a version 15063.1868 of windows 10 but the system inform me that it needs at least a 16299.0 version and x86, i have arm. I communicate with Microsoft in Greece and...
  3. UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE: Good morning,I have a Nokia Lumia 640 LTE and i want to upgrade with windows 10. I tried and manage to have now a version 15063.1868 of windows 10 but the system inform me that it needs at least a 16299.0 version and x86, i have arm. I communicate with Microsoft in Greece and...
  4. UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Nokia Lumia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nokia Lumia: I purchased a lumia more than 10 years ago but not used it in about 9 years because it wouldn't charge. Couldn't throw the phone away because it has sentimental photos. Its now repaired......but photos have vanished. Any ideas on how to get them back?...
  6. Language Pack Download Stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Pack Download Stuck.: I've already read and tried the methods I've seen on other threads about this issue, but none of the fixes seems to work.I've been trying to install the Japanese Language Pack for about 6 hours now to no avail.Yes, my Microsoft license does have multi-language support I've...
  7. Language Pack Download Stuck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Pack Download Stuck.: I've already read and tried the methods I've seen on other threads about this issue, but none of the fixes seems to work.I've been trying to install the Japanese Language Pack for about 6 hours now to no avail.Yes, my Microsoft license does have multi-language support I've...
  8. Lumia 640

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lumia 640: I power up my old lumia 640 because I need the phone for emergency but I am stuck at recovery key. I tried to reset the phone but I can not turn off reset protection despite getting to my correct microsoftaccount.Some tutorial online also suggest to remove device and I will...
  9. lumia 640

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lumia 640: switch phone on, Microsoft appears, then blue window, then nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lumia-640/2d7067ac-d257-47f4-b89d-f1cfaa4ee646
  10. lumia 640

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lumia 640: i have a problem with my lumia 640 , it will not will power off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lumia-640/e5a78118-5e60-42f8-8a9c-e1d8e5f98eee

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lumia speech pack download