Windows 10: Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last.

Discus and support Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At least for the moment ..... Subsequent to downloading version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19) the icons stay where I plant them. Whether or not this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last.

At least for the moment .....

Subsequent to downloading version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19) the icons stay where I plant them. Whether or not this version is the Fall Creators one I don't know. Perhaps it is but they've dropped the fancy name.

Whatever it is, it remains to be seen what other surprises, good and bad, reveal themselves.

:)

Syncopator, Oct 27, 2017

2. Migrating Icons/Files and Unresponsive Internet Browser

Justin, you don't' need to zoom any further once you get a display that fits the icons comfortably and holds them there after you right click Desktop to Refresh, which locks them in place. It may take adjusting Screen Resolution first. But the jumpy icon
    row (usually at left and along bottom) can be tamed as I have done it this way many times.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 27, 2017
  3. E bostock Win User
    Windows Mobile Device Center and Windows 10

I am having the same issue. Plugged in my Nomad and can't download today's files. Tried to repair windows mobile and received the massage that windows was not configured for the program. I have an SD card in the Nomad which I download my files to but it
    is a pain to have to keep taking the card out of the Nomad just to download one file.

E bostock, Oct 27, 2017
  4. johnpd Win User

Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last.

That is the Fall Creators Update. I still have an issue with one "desktop.ini" file which refuses to stay where I put it. That is the only icon I have a problem with and it occurs on each system.

JohnD

johnpd, Oct 28, 2017
Thema:

Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last.

1. Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last. - Similar Threads - Nomadic desktop icons

2. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder: I can't click anything except last folder and last desktop icon in windows 10. Even if i try to click other folder or desktop program only the last folder or desktop program is opening .And also web pages automatically scrolls down to last .I've tried updating drivers and...
  3. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder: I can't click anything except last folder and last desktop icon in windows 10. Even if i try to click other folder or desktop program only the last folder or desktop program is opening .And also web pages automatically scrolls down to last .I've tried updating drivers and...
  4. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cursor comes on last icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor comes on last icon on desktop: Every time on start window cursor comes on last icon on desktop automatically and opens the same app. This makes windows startup and working very slow...
  6. Desktop Icon come bigger after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon come bigger after last update: Dear Team ,Please find attached screenshot from my desktop after updating the system - icon size is normal even I checked that more times and also font is the normal font but icon frame become bigger and i cant roll the m together as the attached screenshot - please let me...
  7. Firefox... taming the beast !

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox... taming the beast !: I admit it, I resist change, especially in Firefox. So here's my guide to taming the beast that is the new Firefox. First things first... stop Firefox from automatically updating. Simply unzip and drop this "distribution" folder into... C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox After...
  8. Nomadic icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Nomadic icons.: 1909 (OS Build 18363.778) My desktop icons won't stay where I put them. After placing them where I want, at the next boot they are re-distributed. What do I need to do to stop them moving? 155183
  9. Desktop icons rearranged after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons rearranged after last update: My desktop icons are no longer aligned on the left edge of my desktop but are spread across the screen. Sometimes, but not always, when I move an icon it does not move to where I placed it but either stays in the original location or automatically moves somewhere else. Auto...
  10. CompatTelRunner.exe - how do I tame it?

in Windows 10 Support
    CompatTelRunner.exe - how do I tame it?: CompatTelRunner.exe always seems to start running at the least opportune times, and it's very annoying. It grinds my HDD for minutes on end, sometimes interfering with tasks I'm working on, like ripping CDs for example, which I've been working on recently. Is there any way to...