Windows 10: non active keys at certain times

Discus and support non active keys at certain times in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had this problem a long time ago, I thought I solved it but keep coming back after a few days. Certain characters/letters on my laptop keep being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blueroyal798, Oct 13, 2019.

1. non active keys at certain times

I had this problem a long time ago, I thought I solved it but keep coming back after a few days. Certain characters/letters on my laptop keep being really unresponsive or lagged when pressed. I don't believe it to be a keyboard issue, I have CC cleaner, Malwarebytes and updated drivers. It temporarily works but then goes back to the old ways again.

The letters it affects specifically are A, P, O, I, Y, backspace, R

Its really hard to just run normal, I also am getting high cpu which I don't know if this is what causes the problem. I wonder if anyone has a solution rather than last resort and doing a PC Reset.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

blueroyal798, Oct 13, 2019

2. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Finally got it activated but still confused as to what is really going on with activation.

here is what I did:

-got another Win7 Pro key from a friend (non volume license one)
    -I tried to activate it, but it gave the same error message as before, "could not activate with this key"
    -following suggestion above, I tried it a second time. This time it activated !!! (internet was connected both times)

don't know why just doing it 2 times makes it work. maybe someone else can explain that.

I checked it with ShowkeyPlus and to my surprise it now said it was activated and showed the installed key as the generic Win10Pro key that is listed in above post. But I did not enter that key. ????

tikicarver, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 13, 2019
  4. non active keys at certain times

How can I keep the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot on permanantly?

• Does it turn off automatically even when the computer is active?

yes

• Is your system currently set to go to sleep mode after a certain period of time?

no

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

nothing - I've looked online but can't find any suggestions about this issue

mister-sjs, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

non active keys at certain times

1. non active keys at certain times - Similar Threads - non active keys

2. Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue: My w, 2, Esc, and f2 keys stopped working a few days ago in my ASUS Tuf FX505DD running latest windows 11. Leading up to when it stopped functioning at all, there was a period of about a few days where the keys were working sparingly. Sometimes it works, then a few seconds...
  3. Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue: My w, 2, Esc, and f2 keys stopped working a few days ago in my ASUS Tuf FX505DD running latest windows 11. Leading up to when it stopped functioning at all, there was a period of about a few days where the keys were working sparingly. Sometimes it works, then a few seconds...
  4. Certain keys not working most of the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain keys not working most of the time.: So with this Lenovo laptop, I've been encountering a problem where keys g, h, Esc, PgUp take a lot of clicks before finally inputting it. For example is when I try to press g, it doesn't show up, but suddenly after 5-10 seconds, the number of g's I pressed appears inside the...
  5. Certain keys not working most of the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain keys not working most of the time.: So with this Lenovo laptop, I've been encountering a problem where keys g, h, Esc, PgUp take a lot of clicks before finally inputting it. For example is when I try to press g, it doesn't show up, but suddenly after 5-10 seconds, the number of g's I pressed appears inside the...
  6. Certain keys not working most of the time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blocking apps for a certain time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking apps for a certain time: Hey! I was wondering if I could block a certain app on my pc for a certain time like the chrome extension Block Site, which blocks sites for a certain time you choose I searched it up and could not find anything, does anyone know an application that does this? Or a way to do...
  8. Non-Boot disk at 100% active time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non-Boot disk at 100% active time: One of my disks, in this case the "Z:" drive is at 100% usage at almost all of the time. Sometimes it randomly drops off to zero again, but will go straight back to 100% if I do anything that uses the disk. For instance opening a photo file might cause it to run to 100% for...
  9. Is there a hotkey program which virtually presses a key at certain times?

Is there a hotkey program which virtually presses a key at certain times?: Hello, Wanted to ask if there is a program that virtually presses a certain key at certain times ? Thanks a lot. Gibt es ein Hotkey Programm welches zu bestimmten zeiten eine Taste virtuell drückt?
  10. schedule downloads for certain time

schedule downloads for certain time: I would like to schedule downloads for certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-downloads-for-certain-time/b8916165-a9dd-4c03-aaf9-60b0ab4e4e5d