Windows 10: Non-active window of a multi-instance program slows down

Discus and support Non-active window of a multi-instance program slows down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running this program where you can run multiple instances of it in multiple windows. Whenever there are two or more instances, the non-active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JSolidum, Aug 14, 2020.

1. JSolidum Win User

Non-active window of a multi-instance program slows down

Hi,

I'm running this program where you can run multiple instances of it in multiple windows. Whenever there are two or more instances, the non-active instances slow down as I can see the animation slowing down in the background. When I click and focus on the slow instance, it will now run smoothly but the instance I left off will slow down. In short, non-active window/instance are slow while the active window/instance run normally.

Only the other instances of the app slow down. other programs like web browser run normally.

I noticed that when I click on the desktop or on a different program, all the instances mentioned before run at the same smooth speed because they are all not focused/active. Doesn't seem like a hardware concern because of this.

Anyone know a fix to this?

:)

JSolidum, Aug 14, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Non-active window of a multi-instance program slows down

Multi machine activation for Windows 10 professional

I want to purchase windows 10 professional with Multi Activation Key for approximately 50 machines.

Kindly suggest me in simple words approximate cost.

Navdeep Gupta, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Non-active window of a multi-instance program slows down

1. Non-active window of a multi-instance program slows down - Similar Threads - Non active window

2. Multi boot two Windows 10 Home instances on a single PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multi boot two Windows 10 Home instances on a single PC: Hello, would appreciate any suggestions and inputI removed my local drive that had a licensed windows 10 home installation and plugged in a new, more spacious NVMe SSD drive. Then I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new drive, which appears to have a digital...
  3. Multi boot two Windows 10 Home instances on a single PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi boot two Windows 10 Home instances on a single PC: Hello, would appreciate any suggestions and inputI removed my local drive that had a licensed windows 10 home installation and plugged in a new, more spacious NVMe SSD drive. Then I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new drive, which appears to have a digital...
  4. Multi boot two Windows 10 Home instances on a single PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple instances of a chat program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  6. Multiple instances of a chat program

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  7. multiple instances of a chat program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ?...
  8. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  9. Windows Slows Down to a Crawl on Multi-Monitor setup running Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slows Down to a Crawl on Multi-Monitor setup running Win 10: I've been meaning to write about this for a few weeks, but now it has really gotten bothersome. I don't remember this happening until I upgraded to build 1809 a month ago. Running Windows 10 x64, build 1809 Intel Core i7 6700K at 4200Mhz - I have turned OFF SpeedStep on...
  10. certain programs slowing down computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain programs slowing down computer: how do i put certain programs on my windows 10 computer to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-slowing-down-computer/46aad902-1d53-429f-8669-83475179aa5f