Windows 10: Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers

Discus and support Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers Hi everyone We’re in a situation that demands for deploying non-AD integrated DNS (I’m refraining myself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taranjeet Singh, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers

Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers

Hi everyone

We’re in a situation that demands for deploying non-AD integrated DNS (I’m refraining myself explaining why to keep the focus to the actual question). It is going to be a member Windows DNS server joined to the AD domain (say abc.com), but would be hosting disjoint DNS Zones (say xyz.com).

I’m evaluating the downside of doing it when compared to using AD-integrated DNS and identified couple of them as below – would appreciate inputs from the community if there’s anything else that I’m missing out OR correct me if at all the below concerns are invalid:

Downsides of Deploying non-AD integrated DNS:

1. We compromise on the out-of-the-box AD-integrated replication of DNS and have to build this manually to make the DNS service highly-available.

2. Will the domain (abc.com) joined machines be able to dynamically register ‘A’ records in this DNS server?

I know when the DNS is AD-integrated, the domain joined systems are authenticated and can dynamically register ‘A’ (and other records) in the DNS. However, in this case the DNS server (although the member of the same domain), is hosting non-AD integrated DNS zones. Will the machines be able to register to DNS zone by default, or some configuration would be needed to all the machines?

Thanks

Taranjeet Singh

:)

Taranjeet Singh, Apr 5, 2019
  2. LeonLaude Win User

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers

DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers

1. Non-AD Integrated DNS Servers - Similar Threads - Non Integrated DNS

2. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  3. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  4. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  6. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  7. DNS Server

DNS Server: My computer loses the Internet several times a day. The error says the computer is configured properly but the DNS server is not working. What is this and how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server/dfd1e76d-ea28-4b2c-aabd-c1eb32be2e75
  8. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  9. DNS Server

DNS Server: I keep being disconnected from the internet. When I troubleshoot I get the message "The DNS server isn't responding" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Moved from: More Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other...
  10. DNS server

DNS server: The DNS server isn't responding Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding. I can ping my router and can ping 8.8.8.8 in safe mode, but not in regular Windows 10. I have tried the ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig...