Windows 10: Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings

Discus and support Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used Group Policy to lock down a Windows 10 Pro PC by removing control panel, settings, etc. Access to Bluetooth device settings was affected as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CipherState, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings

I used Group Policy to lock down a Windows 10 Pro PC by removing control panel, settings, etc. Access to Bluetooth device settings was affected as a result. I want to single out just the Bluetooth settings so that child accounts can use it. Right now, when a child account clicks on “Bluetooth devices”, the interface does not come up. It works fine with my admin level account. How is this scenario resolved?

submitted by /u/CipherState
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CipherState, Oct 9, 2020

2. [Windows 10] Bluetooth not in devices in settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Bluetooth
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Bluetooth
    drivers:

• Press “Windows Key + X key” and click “Device Manager”.
    • Right-click on the “Bluetooth” device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to “delete driver software”.
    • “Restart” the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Bluetooth
    drivers.

For more information check the links below:

Why isn't Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-isnt-windows-finding-device

(Applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 9, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Oct 9, 2020
  4. HojabrA Win User

Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings

1. Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings - Similar Threads - Non admin access

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  4. Bluetooth LE device access example needed from non-UWP program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth LE device access example needed from non-UWP program: I am attempting to access data from a Bluetooth LE device from a non-UWP program. C++ old-fashioned Windows Desktop app.This should be a very simple task, and would be if the apparently-being-deprecated? Win32 API supported it.I have observed it does not: that is,...
  5. Bluetooth LE device access example needed from non-UWP program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth LE device access example needed from non-UWP program: I am attempting to access data from a Bluetooth LE device from a non-UWP program. C++ old-fashioned Windows Desktop app.This should be a very simple task, and would be if the apparently-being-deprecated? Win32 API supported it.I have observed it does not: that is,...
  6. Bluetooth LE device access example needed from non-UWP program

7. How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?: I'm setting up a new Windows 11 laptop for my child and want to block access to Settings, and Control Panel for his account. I setup the laptop with my account as the Admin and then setup an account for my child and designated it as a Child account.I have setup Microsoft...
  8. How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?

How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?: I'm setting up a new Windows 11 laptop for my child and want to block access to Settings, and Control Panel for his account. I setup the laptop with my account as the Admin and then setup an account for my child and designated it as a Child account.I have setup Microsoft...
  9. Eject a USB device remotely with standard non-admin account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eject a USB device remotely with standard non-admin account: I have a desk and a table around a corner with my Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers on them. The two towers are practically right next to each other, but they keyboards, mice, and monitors are farther apart. I needed to make three identical USB sticks with almost 30gb of...
  10. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my admin disable bluetooth in windows 10

2. how to enable bluetooth standard user

3. administrator disabled bluetooth windows 10

4. setting administrator bluetooth windows 10