Windows 10: non compatible motherboard?

Discus and support non compatible motherboard? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop MSI motherboard or chipset is not officially compatible with windows 10. I was told that the upgrade may work anyway 50/50, and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abpc555, Jan 23, 2020.

1. abpc555 Win User

non compatible motherboard?

My desktop MSI motherboard or chipset is not officially compatible with windows 10. I was told that the upgrade may work anyway 50/50, and that Microsoft may install it's own drivers. MSI said it's the Lan and audio. So I guess if they work after upgrade, then I'm good to go.

My question is as follows:

Even if Lan and audio work, would I still be "behind the eight ball" using Windows 10? In other words, would this open up problems in the future using the computer? Or if it works, then it works and that it?

Thanks in advance!

:)

abpc555, Jan 23, 2020
  2. javabiker Win User

ASUS Motherboard compatibility

My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in the list of Win 10 compatible boards but they state that it might achieve compatibility in the future.
    I would like to avoid purchasing a new board and removing/replacing my existing board. If there is no way to make my existing board work with Win 10 could you suggest a good replacement AMD board - I am not a gamer.
    Any one got a good suggestion.

javabiker, Jan 23, 2020
  3. chirp Win User
    Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Jan 23, 2020
  4. non compatible motherboard?

AMD Opteron mobo compatibility

anyone know why AMD doesnt like people to use their Opterons in non-server motherboards?

i was reading up on the abit website and they dont like the at8 32x as opteron compatible but a ton of people use the opty with the motherboard. apparently abit wont list it as opteron compatible cause amd doesnt want people using them in a non-server mobo!!! so why!!!

Easy Rhino, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

non compatible motherboard?

1. non compatible motherboard? - Similar Threads - non compatible motherboard

2. Motherboard compatibility for Windows Subsystem for Android/WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard compatibility for Windows Subsystem for Android/WSL: I have a custom-built PC running Windows 11 Home.Do you know if the motherboard is likely to support the latest version of WSL specs below? If it will, which switches/settings should I alter? All additional software components are enabled but the app will not install.Chris...
  3. Acer Motherboard Graphic Card Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Motherboard Graphic Card Compatibility: Hi I want to add a graphics card to my Acer M1930 Motheboard. I want to know what GTX series from Nvidia will fit, ignoring the size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-motherboard-graphic-card-compatibility/45479b88-50c3-4977-85e2-fed63cd48404
  4. is my motherboard compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is my motherboard compatible: hi I would like to know if my B450M Pro4 (AM4) is compatible with windows 10 64 bit. I currently have windows 10 on my pc but I can upgrade to windows 10 64 bit if I wanted to. I have tried to download windows 10 64 bit but it takes me to the error page 0x00021a. please...
  5. Windows updates on non-compatible devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates on non-compatible devices: After an update caused my laptop to have a total meltdown back in summer and I had to take it in for a factory reset, I spoke to a Windows agent and he apparently switched off my automatic updates after informing me that my poor old Samsung (she's only 5!) was no longer...
  6. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...
  7. HDD compatibility for my Motherboard

HDD compatibility for my Motherboard: My Mother Board GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3, I want to upgrade my internal HDD with Hard disk HDD Enterprise 6TB Hitachi (HGST) Ultrastar He6 0F18335, 64MB, 7200 RPM, SATA 6.0Gb / s, 3.5 ", with 6 partitions, is it possible, will my mother board supports ? Please help me in this...
  8. Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility: I have an older graphics card, GeForce 9500gt, and I would like to find out if it will be compatible to a newer motherboard, Asus A88XM-A. I have been searching for a list that would let me just compare the two, but can't find too much information for devices that are older....
  9. Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility

Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility: I have an Asus Z170M-E D3 and a Hardware compatibility list that I downloaded from Asus.com. My 3TB WD EZRZ isn't on that list. Does that mean I can't or shouldn't use it? 63816
  10. 10 upgrade on non-compatible laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10 upgrade on non-compatible laptop: I am looking at a laptop for a fellow student. He upgraded from 8.1 to 10 shortly after 10 became available. Recently it was running slow and shuts off sometimes. Fan vent was clogged. CPU temp a little too high. First of all there are no drivers for Windows 10 from Toshiba....