Windows 10: Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

Discus and support Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have a non-domain computer (win 10 basic). Can it connect to a Aerohive wireless domain network? Any links to a tutorial on the net?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by norway2016, May 8, 2016.

1. Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

Hi.
    I have a non-domain computer (win 10 basic).
    Can it connect to a Aerohive wireless domain network?
    Any links to a tutorial on the net?

Thanks... *Smile

:)

norway2016, May 8, 2016
  2. Rorikk Win User

Cannot remote connect from a Domain computer into a nondomain computer

I have been trying to get a computer in a domain to connect to a computer not part of the domain. I can easily connect from the nondomain pc into the domain pc, but not the other way around. Both pc's are running Windows 10. When I try to connect form the
    Domain computer to the Non-domain computer I get the following error, "Remote Desktop can't find the computer "(Computer's name)". This might mean that "(Computer Name)" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain that you
    are trying to connect to."

I know how to get the computers name. The Domain computer has (Computer Name).(domain).local and I can remote into it super easy. The nondomain network is just (Computer Name) with no .(domain) as part of the full name.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028379/windows-10-how-to-use-remote-desktop this works just fine for getting into the domain computer but the same steps dont work when going the other way around.

Can computers in a domain remote into a non-domain computer or is there some setting that I need to change to make that work?

Rorikk, May 8, 2016
  3. In win 10 pc try to join in domain error contains network path was not found

WHEN I TRY TO JOIN THE WIN 10 PC IN DOMAIN ERROR CONTAIN NETWORK PATH WAS NOT FOUND.HOW TO JOIN WIN 10 PC INTO DOMAIN

sashimahapatra, May 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

I guess you mean you have Windows 10 Home as there's no such thing as Windows 10 Basic. If that is the case, you cannot join any domain.

This screenshot from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Windo...iness/Compare:

Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)
    Screenshot not only shows that a Home edition cannot join a domain, but it also shows why: It has no and cannot use any Group Policies, an elementary part of domain administration.

Kari, May 8, 2016
Thema:

Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

1. Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network - Similar Threads - Non domain computer

2. Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated...: hello Guys, I want Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated network for all domain clientsonly one connection is activeCan you please help me knowing that im not windows defender as antivrius....
  3. Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated...: hello Guys, I want Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated network for all domain clientsonly one connection is activeCan you please help me knowing that im not windows defender as antivrius....
  4. Prohibit wired connections to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Computers: I need to get an alert if i join or disjoin a computer from my domain. any body who has an idea is welcome to share. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-computers/107527a3-8f6a-47db-bcb0-e67d63f9f73d
  6. Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Computers: I need to get an alert if i join or disjoin a computer from my domain. any body who has an idea is welcome to share. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-computers/107527a3-8f6a-47db-bcb0-e67d63f9f73d
  7. Have second "non-domain" account on domain joined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have second "non-domain" account on domain joined computer: Hi there, my company is providing me with a laptop for work which we can use for personal stuff. It comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and is domain joined. I have created a second "local" user for my personal use. The only thing now is, that that user still seems to be...
  8. Computer Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Domain: I work IT for a company. A user had their old Laptop start to kick the bucket. I replaced said laptop with a different laptop that had been in use by another individual in the past. The laptop works great, though there is one issue, when using admin credentials or ".\user" on...
  9. Domain Network?

Domain Network?: I somehow have lost my Domain Network on my computers and I don't know why. Can anyone help me? I have no Network ID cause it is faded out=why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-network/6c28a03c-8d7e-4dd7-b087-c23fb462c3ba
  10. One profile for Domain and non-domain

One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...