Windows 10: non elevated powershell?

Discus and support non elevated powershell? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I read that I can uninstall apps via the powershell elevated, and I indeed did this. But what surprised me was that even a non-elevated... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abpc555, Dec 19, 2019.

1. abpc555 Win User

non elevated powershell?

Hi,

I read that I can uninstall apps via the powershell elevated, and I indeed did this. But what surprised me was that even a non-elevated powershell prompt allowed me to uninstall a number of apps as well.

Would this mean that I can even reinstall apps via a non-elevated powershell prompt? If so, is there a way of disabling the powershell?

Thanks.

:)

abpc555, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Get elevated process list in command line

Is there a cmd or powershell command to know if a process (any process) is elevated or not? Or at least a list of running elevated processes with process id?

I do know that you can get the list in task manager details page. There is a field called 'Elevated'.

But I want that information in command line. Command prompt or powershell doesn't matter.

I've been searching this everywhere and i'm unable to get it.

Thanks in advance!

abhayanoop, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Wynona Win User

non elevated powershell?

PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line  

Should I set the Execution Policy before I enter Get-Command -Module OneGet or afterwards?

Wynona, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

non elevated powershell?

1. non elevated powershell? - Similar Threads - non elevated powershell

2. Why does PowerShell only close when it's elevated in certain ways?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does PowerShell only close when it's elevated in certain ways?: Hey! I been having a problem for a long time, which I had been using a work around for, but trying to circle back and fix this as I want to clean up how my script runs.My script is a batch file which does some work and then runs a script in PowerShellI'm looking to move this...
  3. How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home: Dear Sir/Madam,I am running Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22000 Build 22000, using a standard user account, and I can't seem to find a menu option to run elevated CMD and Powershell. In previous Windows versions, there are menu options to run them as administrator such as by...
  4. How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run elevated cmd and powershell in Win11 Home: Dear Sir/Madam,I am running Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22000 Build 22000, using a standard user account, and I can't seem to find a menu option to run elevated CMD and Powershell. In previous Windows versions, there are menu options to run them as administrator such as by...
  5. Keep elevated powershell in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep elevated powershell in Windows Terminal: I'm running Windows Terminal v.1.6.10571.0 and love having my Ubuntu, CMD and Powershell sessions all in WT. However, a few things I need to regularly do require me to elevate powershell. When I do this with 'Start-Process Powershell -Verb RunAs' it launches the elevated PS...
  6. Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell: Dear Community, I have not found a good way to remove most of my Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps. A. I cannot use AppLocker from GPO, because my users are using Windows 10 Pro. I believe AppLocker only applies for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education. B. I cannot...
  7. The requested elevation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested elevation requires elevation: I have seen this question asked before and attempted a few solutions. Fixing computer problems is not my forte and I would really like an easy to followed solution. I have downloaded the program Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2. It has converted most of my files to OpenOffice.org XML...
  8. Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt: Hi, I use an administrative mode (elevated) command prompt to maneuver through most of my day. I have a code editor (in this case, Crimson Editor) open at all times, and when I need to edit a file quickly, I simply type cedt <filename> at the command prompt. What is...
  9. Open Elevated Windows PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Elevated Windows PowerShell in Windows 10: How to: Open Elevated Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 How to Open Elevated Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 comes with Windows PowerShell 5.0 included. Windows PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language...
  10. Elevated prompt and title in a non-elevated command window means what?

in Windows 10 Support
    Elevated prompt and title in a non-elevated command window means what?: I am a standard user: there is no "Administrator" next to my name when I look at "Your Info" for my account in user settings. the output of "net localgroup administrators" does not contain my user name. I am on a domain-managed machine and I am not a domain admin either....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. non running powershell elevated

2. what is mean nonelevated powershell window