Windows 10: Non-Existent memory being used

Discus and support Non-Existent memory being used in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Okay, Well windows 10 is giving me crap. I have two memory slots, 1 is being used. It tells me that i'm using, like 2.0 GB out of 1.6GB. What? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Xxcookid123xX, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Non-Existent memory being used

Okay, Well windows 10 is giving me crap. I have two memory slots, 1 is being used. It tells me that i'm using, like 2.0 GB out of 1.6GB. What? I disabled page-file for much faster speed, and it worked. But i'm not even using 1GB in memory, even when i plus all the memory used together. Need help quick, Thanks.

Btw i cannot turn page file back on, lags WAY to much. And this is a new hard drive.

:)

Xxcookid123xX, Nov 17, 2015

2. Sync Error -- "The following appointments failed to sychronize from device: ..."

The appointment identified is a non-existent recurring appointment of a friend's birthday, the date being indicated at occurring in 1943!

Steve Cotton, Nov 17, 2015
  3. N97 or I900 Omnia?

Omnia without hesitation, N97 has little to no RAM, and the Phone memory is almost non existant, which makes it very slow to work, and it has a lot of "Memory Full" prompts.

yorch---01, Nov 17, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Non-Existent memory being used

Welcome to the forum.

It would help a great deal if you could post a screenshot that shows these numbers. Be sure this includes a screenshot of Task manager - Performance tab showing memory information. Otherwise it is all just guesswork and probably wrong.

LMiller7, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Here's the performance:

Non-Existent memory being used [​IMG]

Here's the processes:

As you can see, only about 500 MB is being used.

Xxcookid123xX, Nov 17, 2015
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Adding up the items in the memory usage column rarely produces meaningful results. Even then the total for the lowest screeshot alone is more than 1163 MB. But that is not even close to the total memory usage of the processes shown. The total usage would be considerably higher. And there are also some very significant users of memory that are not processes, not all of which are shown in Task Manager.

It seems clear that there is a pagefile of roughly 3 GB in size but is rather small for your current workload. The current workload would be impossible with no pagefile.

Current memory usage is 3 GB from a totl available of 3.7 GB. 305 MB of the 4 GB total is in system reserved, probably in use by the video system.

The memory usage seems rather high but clearly there is quite a bit running. And the too small pagefile is part of the reason. With such a pagefile it is difficult to tell what is really happening.

LMiller7, Nov 17, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    With an A AMD processor some of the memory is going to be used by the GPU. I have the same situation with my PC.

BunnyJ, Nov 17, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

If you want to improve performance and not have a page file, then put a matching 4GB DIMM in the other slot. Not only will you get the performance increase from the extra 4GB, you will run dual channel as well.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Non-Existent memory being used - Similar Threads - Non Existent memory

2. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  3. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  4. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Memory integrity blocked by non-existant drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory integrity blocked by non-existant drivers: Like a lot of people, I'm having trouble with Memory integrity being blocked by incompatible logitech drivers. My problem is that I can't seem to find any of these drivers anywhere on my computer. I don't have any logitech software or peripherals installed that I can find,...
  6. Memory integrity blocked by non-existant drivers

Memory integrity blocked by non-existant drivers: Like a lot of people, I'm having trouble with Memory integrity being blocked by incompatible logitech drivers. My problem is that I can't seem to find any of these drivers anywhere on my computer. I don't have any logitech software or peripherals installed that I can find,...
  7. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  8. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  9. microphone is non existant

10. Non existent USB device is being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent USB device is being detected: I presently have no USB device plugged into my ASUS E510 Laptop. However, the laptop keeps giving me a popup claiming "USB device not recognized". It is almost behaving as if I am rapidly plugging in, and taking out a USB device, as it chimes both the plug in and unplug...