Windows 10: non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

Discus and support non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340 I have never had problems with devices I connect via USB. However when nothing is plugged in my laptop has recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sophie_207, Aug 2, 2020.

1. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

My PC is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340

I have never had problems with devices I connect via USB.

However when nothing is plugged in my laptop has recently started making the usb connect/disconnect alert sounds all the time, when you look at the Device Manage you can see an unknown device connecting and disconnecting.

I have tried uninstalling, disabling and updating but nothing changes this behaviour.

I don't want to just suppress the alerts, i would like to try and fix it

non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly 8cb5a732-e72a-4098-bb17-da5d64c221ac?upload=true.png non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly 40061d95-2691-4168-9c32-31074d3de9d3?upload=true.png

:)

Sophie_207, Aug 2, 2020

2. Usb disconnects and recoonects repeatedly

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Is the issue particular to connecting phone or Hard drive?
    • Does the issue occur with both (3.0 & 2.0) the USB ports?

I suggest you to update the drivers by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information to assist you better.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 2, 2020
  3. kmn2002 Win User
    USB Connect/Disconnect Repeatedly Playing.

Hello,

Today my computer began to repeatedly make the USB Device disconnected/reconnected noise while flashing notification on the bottom right of my screen that, "USB Device is not Recognized."

It continues to do this when all USB ports are unpluged and NOTHING is connected to it.

This is driving me absolutely insane. Constant. Dings. Every. Two. Seconds. Nothing is working and there isn't even an event log created in USBDeview. Please help, I'm losing my mind. I'm trying to do homework and I cannot concentrate at all.

kmn2002, Aug 2, 2020
  4. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

USB Connect/Disconnect Repeatedly Playing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your USB drivers and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

1. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly - Similar Threads - non existent USB

2. How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?: For some reason, Windows determines that there are 2 monitors connected to the system, even though there is physically only 1. When installing updates, it makes this non-existent monitor the main one and opens all the windows on it, each time I have to perform a hack with...
  3. How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?: For some reason, Windows determines that there are 2 monitors connected to the system, even though there is physically only 1. When installing updates, it makes this non-existent monitor the main one and opens all the windows on it, each time I have to perform a hack with...
  4. How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection: I've recently having internet problems as my computer is connecting to a connection under the name "ethernet" but it has 0 mb/s in the last 30 days. I've always used a connection under the name "Network 2" and still do but when I notice my internet is down I see that my...
  6. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection: I've recently having internet problems as my computer is connecting to a connection under the name "ethernet" but it has 0 mb/s in the last 30 days. I've always used a connection under the name "Network 2" and still do but when I notice my internet is down I see that my...
  7. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  9. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  10. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device