Windows 10: non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

Discus and support non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340 I have never had problems with devices I connect via USB. However when nothing is plugged in my laptop has recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sophie_207, Aug 2, 2020.

1. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

My PC is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340

I have never had problems with devices I connect via USB.

However when nothing is plugged in my laptop has recently started making the usb connect/disconnect alert sounds all the time, when you look at the Device Manage you can see an unknown device connecting and disconnecting.

I have tried uninstalling, disabling and updating but nothing changes this behaviour.

I don't want to just suppress the alerts, i would like to try and fix it

non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly 8cb5a732-e72a-4098-bb17-da5d64c221ac?upload=true.png non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly 40061d95-2691-4168-9c32-31074d3de9d3?upload=true.png

:)

Sophie_207, Aug 2, 2020

2. Usb disconnects and recoonects repeatedly

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Is the issue particular to connecting phone or Hard drive?
    • Does the issue occur with both (3.0 & 2.0) the USB ports?

I suggest you to update the drivers by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information to assist you better.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 2, 2020
  3. kmn2002 Win User
    USB Connect/Disconnect Repeatedly Playing.

Hello,

Today my computer began to repeatedly make the USB Device disconnected/reconnected noise while flashing notification on the bottom right of my screen that, "USB Device is not Recognized."

It continues to do this when all USB ports are unpluged and NOTHING is connected to it.

This is driving me absolutely insane. Constant. Dings. Every. Two. Seconds. Nothing is working and there isn't even an event log created in USBDeview. Please help, I'm losing my mind. I'm trying to do homework and I cannot concentrate at all.

kmn2002, Aug 2, 2020
  4. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

USB Connect/Disconnect Repeatedly Playing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your USB drivers and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

1. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly - Similar Threads - non existent USB

2. Teredo adapter non existant?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo adapter non existant?: So I’m really new to all this computer stuff and don’t inderstand whats hapening here. Im trying to get my xbox app party chat to work properly but it’s just not, at all, in any capacity. I’ve updated to the most resent version. All it constantly says is connecting. I look...
  3. Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.

Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.: Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264) I have been trying to narrow this down for several strait hours and giving this a first shot. No luck reviewing the forums for related issues. Randomly during use I get the Device Connect+Device Disconnect sound which seems to...
  4. Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.: Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264) I have been trying to narrow this down for several strait hours and giving this a first shot. No luck reviewing the forums for related issues. Randomly during use I get the Device Connect+Device Disconnect sound which seems to...
  5. MSI wifi repeatedly disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSI wifi repeatedly disconnects: Since I got my MSI GP65 Leopard, I've had constant issues with it disconnecting from the wifi every 5-10 minutes. It won't reconnect on its own for another 5 minutes like clockwork. I've restarted the router multiple times, uninstalled the net driver and installed the latest...
  6. USB connecting and disconnecting

USB connecting and disconnecting: This is a sort-of follow on to my earlier question about cables. Tethering a camera to a tablet, laptop or desktop generally takes a couple cables (often a USB on-the-go cable). So I have a 3 meter Amazon Basics USB 3 Type-A extension and a 1M USB 3 Type-A to micro B. Works...
  7. A non-existent problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A non-existent problem: Every time I switch my laptop on I get the following message : " Microsoft account problem we need to fix the problem go to settings to fix the problem " Every time for the last two months I go to settings and fix the supposed problem and get a message back saying that your...
  8. Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?: Sometimes I hear the audio for a USB connection/disconnect, so maybe a device is malfunctioning, but when I try to find the tray icon it's too late. Is there a log? Thanks! submitted by /u/j---train [link] [comments]...
  9. System connects and disconnects USB drives...

System connects and disconnects USB drives...: This one puzzles me... If and when a USB extrernal drive connects to the front panel of the desktop system, it shows this: [img] Note: Drive "R" is a removable drive, connected to the the motherbord's SATA II port. I've tried this tutorial, but it did not change the...
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...