Windows 10: Non-Functional Search Bar

Discus and support Non-Functional Search Bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I update Windows 10 Professional, the search bar on the left bottom of my screen will no longer work and the icon window above it is blank. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rabend, Sep 7, 2019.

1. rabend Win User

Non-Functional Search Bar

After I update Windows 10 Professional, the search bar on the left bottom of my screen will no longer work and the icon window above it is blank. If I roll back the latest update, it works again. I have tried many of the online suggestions to no avail. The problem started recently.

:)

rabend, Sep 7, 2019

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 7, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Non-Functional Search Bar - Similar Threads - Non Functional Search

2. Paste function not working in h/d search bar

in Cortana
    Paste function not working in h/d search bar: In almost every case the cut and paste functions work perfectly. EXCEPT in any hard drive window (internal or external), I cannot paste a copied item. I CAN paste in the search box if I use Ctrl+V. If I right click on the "Search This PC" or "Search (hard drive name), what I...
  3. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  4. Non functioning task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non functioning task bar: I followed online advice to go into Task manager processes and press end task for Windows explorer. I was following a path to Press the Windows key + R and then type in " explorer.exe " and click enter. After the first step of ending the task no window appeared to permit me...
  5. HDMI port non-functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port non-functional: After the 12/12/18 update the HDMI port stopped functioning. I found a fix on the Intel site on 12/17/18. The port stopped working again on 12/24 and I can't find a fix. What's up?...
  6. HDMI port non-functional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI port non-functional: On 12/12/18 a Windows 10 update was installed with disabled the HDMI port on my Acer laptop. On 12/17 I found a fix on the Intel website that updated drivers and it worked. As of 12/24 the port is again non-functional. How do I correct this?...
  7. Troubleshooter non-functional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshooter non-functional: I just tried to run my troubleshooter, however says try again later. This is the first time I have ever seen this. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooter-non-functional/8756885e-989a-46f3-87b5-9c8170ef89dc
  8. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent keyboard non-functioning: I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem....
  9. Windows 10 Home - Search Function in the task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home - Search Function in the task bar: I just did the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 - overall pretty seamless given what could have gone wrong- I was lucky this time. Some minor annoyances , but overall pretty good. On the task bar search, about an hour ago, I know it was searching the web as I typed in a web...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935