Windows 10: Non functioning task bar

Discus and support Non functioning task bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I followed online advice to go into Task manager processes and press end task for Windows explorer. I was following a path to Press the Windows key +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GordonDenman, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Non functioning task bar

I followed online advice to go into Task manager processes and press end task for Windows explorer. I was following a path to Press the Windows key + R and then type in " explorer.exe " and click enter. After the first step of ending the task no window appeared to permit me to complete the operation. Please what do I do now?

Gordon

:)

GordonDenman, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 task bar completely non functional

Original title: Windows 10

I have found windows 10 to be difficult with the task bar completely non functional not even displaying my tabs or Microsoft explorer, its become increasingly difficult to do anything since without a functioning task bar I cannot delete windows 10 or at
    least troubleshoot. I don't know what to do to fix this.

AN Guruuchin, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Non functioning task bar

Jump lists on Task Bar not fully functional

Hi Stephenson,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Do you receive any error, while trying to add icon on the Jump List in the task bar?

• Do you receive any error, while trying to install arrange icon in the task bar?
    As per your query, I like to inform you that; you can arrange the icon in the task bar.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open an Administrator CMD window (Type
    CMD in the Search bar or Press Windows Logo Key + X. Click on
    Command Prompt admin).

If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside "Create this task with administrative privileges".

• Type CMD.
    2) Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

3) If both the above commands are completed and show no remaining issues, run the PowerShell command and copy and paste the following:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4) Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt. If you see a red error, please try again. The command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Non functioning task bar

1. Non functioning task bar - Similar Threads - Non functioning task

2. How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar: I always open a lot of apps and the taskbar is always full. I don't need to use some apps but I need to keep them open. I want to make them organized by putting them in the hidden tray in the taskbar. How do I do it? Or it's straightforward, not possible?...
  3. Task bar not functioning properly

Task bar not functioning properly: I was using my computer and I went down to my task bar and when I hovered over open apps or programs, the window preview was not showing up. All that came up was the name of the application. This happened whether it was open or closed and it would not go away unless I opened...
  4. Non-Functioning Windows 10 Search Bar

in Cortana
    Non-Functioning Windows 10 Search Bar: The search bar in windows 10 is not currently working for me. When I click on the search bar, it does not let me type anything, and the window that appears above the search bar after clicking on it is blank most of the time, occasionally it will flash the normal apps. The...
  5. Unique lag and non responding windows and task bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unique lag and non responding windows and task bar?: So I've been having this issue recently where half of my window functions are non responsive/ultra laggy and the other half is fine. So essentially out of nowhere chrome and other windows will experience massive lag where everything is frozen with ~30 seconds respond...
  6. Task Bar Sizes non adjustable windows 10

Task Bar Sizes non adjustable windows 10: Task Bar Sizes non adjustable windows 10 this includes texts and Icons Very Small. Help contents non ledge able https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-sizes-non-adjustable-windows-10/68e35212-3ec3-48df-8b90-fc96a65636f8
  7. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar: I recently added an icon to the QuickLaunch, that made it over-flow, but have since 'corrected' that so it no longer over-flows. By co-incidence or otherwise, Windows Live Mail icon no longer displays as an UNhidden icon with the tell-tale-mark indicating that new mail has...
  8. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar: I recently added an icon to the QuickLaunch, that made it over-flow, but have since 'corrected' that so it no longer over-flows. By co-incidence or otherwise, Windows Live Mail icon no longer displays as an UNhidden icon with the tell-tale-mark indicating that new mail has...
  9. Non-Functional Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non-Functional Search Bar: After I update Windows 10 Professional, the search bar on the left bottom of my screen will no longer work and the icon window above it is blank. If I roll back the latest update, it works again. I have tried many of the online suggestions to no avail. The problem started...
  10. Non-existent program is stuck in the task bar

Non-existent program is stuck in the task bar: There is this app on my task bar that doesn't exist. It's MS word 2016, and I have the current version of word downloaded. The task bar icon has no image, and when I click to try run it, nothing happens. If I search up the the MS Word 2016 it cannot be found. If I right click...