Windows 10: Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date

Discus and support Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay, so I'm working on a project with a lot of files accumulated over the last two years or so and I was wanting to organize them into groups based on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ninetails2000, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date

Okay, so I'm working on a project with a lot of files accumulated over the last two years or so and I was wanting to organize them into groups based on the creation date but when I set sorting to do that it's a fuzzy kind of grouping along the lines of "Yesterday, last week, last month" and then the rest of the files all bunched together as "A long time ago..." when I'm looking for it to be specifically month by month or really anything more specific. Is there a way to do that?

:)

Ninetails2000, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 14, 2022
  3. PirateBoy Win User
    Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

I prefer alphabetical myself as some are totally TBA I guess. Don't know, not my list. Could even be sorted into a Genre - Release Date - Alphabetical order. Then again alphabetical is easy enough. Make some suggestions to the OP.

PirateBoy, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date

1. Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date - Similar Threads - Non Fuzzy Sort

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Clicking on "Date Modified" fails to sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on "Date Modified" fails to sort by date: I a directory of a large number files clicking "date modified" is not sorting the files with the most recently filed listed first. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-on-date-modified-fails-to-sort-by-date/37689f6d-0a24-4106-ad53-bb347ee1b140
  4. Clicking on "Date Modified" fails to sort by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on "Date Modified" fails to sort by date: I a directory of a large number files clicking "date modified" is not sorting the files with the most recently filed listed first. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-on-date-modified-fails-to-sort-by-date/37689f6d-0a24-4106-ad53-bb347ee1b140
  5. Sort folders by date in name

Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  6. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  8. Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date

Non-Fuzzy Sort By Date: Okay, so I'm working on a project with a lot of files accumulated over the last two years or so and I was wanting to organize them into groups based on the creation date but when I set sorting to do that it's a fuzzy kind of grouping along the lines of "Yesterday, last week,...
  9. Sorting Photos by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting Photos by date: After the latest update to Photos, the option to import the photos by date isnt available any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-photos-by-date/99a856b7-40a0-48ed-be3b-98b2986d869c
  10. Sorting photos by date

Sorting photos by date: I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos. I thought if I filed them by date in My Pictures, they would appear by that date in Photos. Do I really have to go back to each photo and change the date created?...