Windows 10: Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

Discus and support Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JetTran, Apr 22, 2021.

1. JetTran Win User

Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt to change the product key but it still won't let me. I don't know what to do. Please help!

:)

JetTran, Apr 22, 2021

2. Go genuine from non genuine version.

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to go genuine after already upgrading to a non genuine version of Win10? Like if I have a non genuine windows 8 and then upgrade, windows 10 will then also be non genuine but can I then buy a licence and go genuine?

Brandondu Toit, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Genuine windows vs non genuine windows

You came here asking about genuine and non-genuine because you thought yours WAS non-genuine.

It was nothing to do with me.

Your original question

:

What is the difference/s between genuine and non genuine windows?

CAn u post a screenshot? I can view my system info in settings but where do we confirm the genuinity?

I am using windows 8.1 .

Is it a crime to use non genuine windows? what is the price in Pakistan for buying genuine windows 8.1 and 10?

Can a non genuine window be updated?

Plus does it affect the visuality/graphics, if u r using non genuine/pirated windows? and in what ways...i mean it appears my homescreen is very dull and not bright and i dont feel happy looking at it...

I told you what to check.

Bill Smithers, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

Genuine windows vs non genuine windows

Hello,

What is the difference/s between genuine and non genuine windows?

CAn u post a screenshot? I can view my system info in settings but where do we confirm the genuinity?

I am using windows 8.1 .

Is it a crime to use non genuine windows? what is the price in Pakistan for buying genuine windows 8.1 and 10?

Can a non genuine window be updated?

Plus does it affect the visuality/graphics, if u r using non genuine/pirated windows? and in what ways...i mean it appears my homescreen is very dull and not bright and i dont feel happy looking at it...

7727da36-a907-433d-8921-f779718975ec, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

1. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy - Similar Threads - Non genuine genuine

2. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  3. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  4. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  6. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  7. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  8. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows: so I have non-genuine windows if I upgrade to genuine windows will I keep all my old files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-non-genuine-windows-to-genuine/c39c0ba5-d93b-44cc-898e-63e683dcb99c
  10. Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix: Swapping a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro to a genuine copy of Windows 10 home. I purchased this PC second hand without knowing it was non-genuine. I am trying to remedy this. Windows is saying it cannot activate on this device because it can't connect to my...