Windows 10: non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I...

Discus and support non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Title says it all. New product key won't work and it keeps saying this: [ATTACH] It's been only at my home and NOT with an organization.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnStowell, Dec 14, 2019.

1. non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I...

Title says it all. New product key won't work and it keeps saying this:

non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I... 56e4f6c5-aab3-4a6d-86b1-4d74f53810b6?upload=true.png

It's been only at my home and NOT with an organization.

:)

JohnStowell, Dec 14, 2019

2. Buy W10 then install on non-genuine W7

My computer runs a non-genuine version of Windows 7 Pro. If I buy a legit new windows 10 Pro Retail disk can I upgrade from my non-genuine W7, or do I need to do a clean install of W10 (and then have to reinstall a whole lot of other software)?

Beeboy13579, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Buy W10 then install on non-genuine W7

Thanks fafhrd. I think I might have to buy the W10 retail and see if I can upgrade from non-genuine W7 while keeping existing apps. Worst case is that the upgrade doesn't work at all - then I'll simply have to do a clean install of the W10 retail then reinstall my other software. A bit of a pain, but it will work.

4. non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I...

Buy W10 then install on non-genuine W7

Thanks mystere. My main concern is I don't want to have to reinstall a whole lot of software and apps. I know this is an option if you upgrade from W7 to W10. I am just not sure if this an option if I upgrade from a non-genuine W7.

Thema:

non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I...

1. non-genuine W10 (originally showed Enterprise) installed by person who built my PC. Now I... - Similar Threads - non genuine W10

2. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  3. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  4. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  6. Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro

Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro: I purhcased a computer of someone and discovered that windows is not genuine. I am attemping to upgrade to the genuine version so I have full access to my PC and can rename it etc. as it is still under the last person's name, however it is not as simple as purchasing a...
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise: Yesterday I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store upgrading from Windows 10 S & received confirmation email showing that is what I purchased. My laptop now shows I have Windows 10 Enterprise & is telling me it is not activated. When I run the...
  8. Buy W10 then install on non-genuine W7

Buy W10 then install on non-genuine W7: My computer runs a non-genuine version of Windows 7 Pro. If I buy a legit new windows 10 Pro Retail disk can I upgrade from my non-genuine W7, or do I need to do a clean install of W10 (and then have to reinstall a whole lot of other software)? 45382
  9. Clean installation of W10 Enterprise doubt

Clean installation of W10 Enterprise doubt: Hi all, I just acquired a Windows 10 Enterprise key and updated from Pro to Enterprise. System upgraded, installed new features, etc. My question is this one: next time I install Windows in a clean installation, should I use W10 Pro media, or Enterprise 90 days...
  10. Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10: Hi there Now that I can run Win 10 at least until OCTOBER (build 9926 extends till oct 1st) I am ditching my Win 8.1 Enterprise system -- was an old TechNet copy anyway. Windows 8.1 while better than 8 isn't going anywhere either. The only thing I wanted on Enterprise...