Windows 10: Non-Latin Fonts

Discus and support Non-Latin Fonts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i've been searching this for days, but is there any way to change the Non-Latin Fonts? the fonts sucks so bad its even looks like a bitmap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ashtrath, May 23, 2022.

1. Non-Latin Fonts

/u/Ashtrath, May 23, 2022

2. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, May 23, 2022
  3. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

non-Latin = characters from other alphabets, such as Thai or Arabic

Non-Latin fonts:
    Batang
    Mangal
    Meriyo
    ming LiU
    Ya-Hei
    SimSun
    SimHei
    SimKai
    Urdu
    Traditional Arabic

The list goes on. All of these came pre-installed with Win 10. Most are grayed out, which should indicate they are 'hidden', but they ALL still show on EVERY program that allows font choices.
    Myanmar Text

4. Non-Latin Fonts

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

This is my first post here. I have a new ultrabook (which I rather like) that came with Win 10 pre-installed. It has a slew of non-Latin fonts that I would like to delete (I have to wade through them all in pick lists on OpenOffice Writer). I have tried deleting them via Control Panel/Appearance/Fonts, with no success. Is there an easy way to delete the non-Latin fonts? Is there ANY way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thema:

Non-Latin Fonts

1. Non-Latin Fonts - Similar Threads - Non Latin Fonts

2. Kazakhstan Latin alphabet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kazakhstan Latin alphabet: Qazaqstan Kazakhstan is changed alphabet on the Latin base so I have a question, how to introduce the ABCnet latin alphabet to the latin keyboard paket. This is very convinuent to type on the Qazaq Kazakh language by use International keyboard US. I noted for example that the...
  3. how come it´s almost impossible to install non Latin fonts on english windows 10 x64 pro...

how come it´s almost impossible to install non Latin fonts on english windows 10 x64 pro...: I´m a graphic designer/designer but have scripts and written languages as a hobby. On my mac I can install every font there is, and I mean nonlatin fonts. But hardly ever work on non of my windows machines.I would also love to have the ability to work with them when I work,...
  4. problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64: Im a designer and using all kinds of tools to make parts of logotypes, digital art, etc. On my mac, I have no problem installing any Latin fonts, but on both Windows laptops only one or two of HUNDREDS of beautiful sculptured fonts get installed, YES, they get installed, BUT...
  5. How to remove non-default fonts on Windows

How to remove non-default fonts on Windows: Hi, I want to remove all non-default fonts installed in my Windows at once. Is there a way to do it?I already tried the option below, but it's not working:...
  6. Windows 10: zipping files with name/content in non-Latin characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: zipping files with name/content in non-Latin characters: In Windows 7, I can zip files with Hebrew names by using "send to compressed folder". In Windows 10 I receive an error message saying that the file has characters which cannot be used in compressed folders. I received it for files with names in Hebrew, but also for those with...
  7. Latin to Cyrillic transliteration

Latin to Cyrillic transliteration: Hey, i was curious: is there an option to enable latin>cyrillic transliteration? For example, if i will type "Pryvit", i would like to see on screen "Привіт" Ukrainian or something like that. Thanks....
  8. Extract the files with non-latin name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extract the files with non-latin name: Hello, I am using a software to extract the files (it's not like winrar or zip, so I can't replace this software for another software). However, it can only save files with names of Latin characters, files with non-latin names that are displayed incorrectly. The messages...
  9. Translating from Latin and Greek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translating from Latin and Greek: I have a problem which I am hoping Windows 10 has a solution for. The book I am trying to get through (see scan) was first published in the nineteenth century. This was a time when most well-educated people would have been taught Latin and Greek. So the author, when quoting...
  10. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home: This is my first post here. I have a new ultrabook (which I rather like) that came with Win 10 pre-installed. It has a slew of non-Latin fonts that I would like to delete (I have to wade through them all in pick lists on OpenOffice Writer). I have tried deleting them via...