Windows 10: Non-Paged Pool Memory leak by enrolling VMware Workspace ONE

Discus and support Non-Paged Pool Memory leak by enrolling VMware Workspace ONE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I will explain you our problem. By installing and enrolling our Win10 machines Home/Pro/LTSC in Workspace ONE from VMware, it shows us a memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ELSENAndy, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ELSENAndy Win User

Non-Paged Pool Memory leak by enrolling VMware Workspace ONE

Hi,

I will explain you our problem.

By installing and enrolling our Win10 machines Home/Pro/LTSC in Workspace ONE from VMware, it shows us a memory leak, so the non-paged pool of memory is increasing slowly until no memory will be available, and windows will freeze completely.

This behavior is shown an fresh installed Win10 all editions with latest updates and drivers.

I had one test Laptop which was on for 24 hours, no memory leak was shown. Then installed intelligent Hub to enroll our device in our MDM. After that the memory of non-paged pool was increasing very slowly, but was full at the the end of 48 hours uptime.
    I found that netio.sys is doing this by using most of the non-paged pool without releasing it. There are different hardware types showing all the same behavior.

VMware say to me, that is not a bug of them, but Microsoft has to check first our machine to confirm that this is not a bug by Microsoft.

What can we do?

Best regards.

:)

ELSENAndy, Dec 22, 2020
  2. comnuts Win User

is this memory leak?

Hello RASHMIRANJAN1,

I'm an independent advisor and hope this would address your questions.

This is not a memory leak. A memory leak happens when a process or program failed to discard utilized memory when it is no longer in use. In that case, you would see a process or program consuming more and more memory over time.

I wouldn't be worried about the paged and non-paged pools as they aren't excessively large in size. The paged pool is used to store handles of kernel objects, so it is normal to have some usage there. And non-paged pool is used by kernel and drivers of the
    operating system, so it is also normal for some usage there.

comnuts, Dec 22, 2020
  3. High paged pool memory after leaving system on for quite sometime

Oh, I see! Thanks for the clarity!

Pageable memory controlled by memory management...that makes ALOT of sense! Oh well, at least the page pool stops at 1.2gb memory so I still have plenty of ram leftover for multi-tasking purposes. For virtual memory, I left it at system managed on C:/ drive. Otherwise, I'll try to update the network drivers and nvidia drivers. I know Killer Network drivers are highly proneable for memory leaks.

Say, did Intel made an update of Intel Rapid Storage drivers for 4th Gen processors?

RyougaLolakie, Dec 22, 2020
  4. LMiller7 Win User

High paged pool memory after leaving system on for quite sometime

1.2 GB Paged pool does not seem unreasonable for a system with 32 GB RAM. This value is higher for systems with large RAM sizes. In any event it is hardly likely to be the cause of your problem.

The paged and non paged memory pools are used by kernel level components such as drivers and the kernel itself. The paged pool can be paged out at the memory managers discretion while the non paged pool must remain in RAM at all times. Task Manager will not tell you how much of the paged pool is in RAM.

Memory usage in any modern OS is controlled by the system memory manager, always with the goal of maximizing overall system performance. When available memory is plentiful, as is shown in the screenshots, the memory manager will allow processes and other Windows components to use pretty much whatever memory they want without restrictions. But if there is memory pressure it is fully capable of reducing the paged pool usage to a small fraction of it's current value. But it will only do this if needed. Doing it at any other time would serve no useful purpose and would likely impair performance. Note that this is the RAM resident portion of the paged pool, not what is shown in Task Manager which would be unaffected.

High memory usage, even if it is seriously abnormal, will not impair performance unless it causes a shortage. I have seen many Internet articles that get this wrong. It is not unusual for the paged pool to grow over time. Unless there is a memory leak, and there is nothing to suggest that here, this growth will stop.

LMiller7, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Non-Paged Pool Memory leak by enrolling VMware Workspace ONE - Similar Threads - Non Paged Pool

2. fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak: I have been dealing with this issue for a while, and trying my best to find a solution, I have tried almost everything I have researched, but it still continues. From the very moment my PC starts up, the Paged Pool goes up at a rate of around 100MB every 5 minutes. Below is...
  3. Big non-paged pool memory leak at startup used by etwB

Big non-paged pool memory leak at startup used by etwB: Hi everyone,Title says it all. I launch my laptop Windows 10 and see 1.0Gb of non-paged pool memory, and after running poolmon I see 880Mb attributed to etwB Windows tracing tool buffer as I understand.I have tried a lot of things, ran scannow, Memory Diagnostic tool,...
  4. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  5. Huge memory leak in non paged pool

Huge memory leak in non paged pool: Hi, I have a memory leak in my system, specifically in the non paged pool. In one or two days of usage after a restart, it fills up all of the RAM available. Some online searches landed me on this blog:...
  6. Paged pool and non paged pool

Paged pool and non paged pool: So i have just noticed when i went into my task manager that there were these things called paged and non paged pool and i started to research on it. After researching i found that i have abnormal amounts of paged and non paged memory [ATTACH]refer to the imagine below What...
  7. Windows 10 Non-Page pool memory leak

Windows 10 Non-Page pool memory leak: [ATTACH] Hey all, I've been struggling for a couple days to find the source of this nonpaged pool memory leak on my Win10 Machine. Here's some screenshots: Task Manager 1 Task Manager 2 RAMMAP POOLMON (Sorted for Non-paged and by Byte count) Things I have tried so...
  8. Non paged pool memory leak

Non paged pool memory leak: Hi all, I am having a non paged pool memory leak. As far as i'm aware all drivers are up to date. https://imgur.com/Vo3QeUe https://imgur.com/a/IdzFZE5 Would really appreciate any support to getting this resolved, a reboot temporarily fixes it, but after a few hours it...
  9. 2GB Non-Paged Pool memory leak

2GB Non-Paged Pool memory leak: Title says it all, I've changed some regedit values as some videos recommended and for a while that fixed it. However, it has now come back and I have no way to fix this memory leak. Any help would be great, thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Shterz [link] [comments]...
  10. Memory Usage (non-paged pool) etwB

Memory Usage (non-paged pool) etwB: Whenever i start my pc the non-paged pool already starts at 1.7GB. I used poolmon to find out what the reason could be and it turns out there is something called "etwB" which uses 1.7GB, but it doesnt change. Now i am wondering what it is and if i could remove it....