Windows 10: Non-paged pool usage is too high

Discus and support Non-paged pool usage is too high in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please any help is appreciated. I found out that a non-page pool became about 2 gb on my PC but it used to be only 200 mb. I have the PC with 4 GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Courtney Allen2, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Non-paged pool usage is too high

Please any help is appreciated. I found out that a non-page pool became about 2 gb on my PC but it used to be only 200 mb. I have the PC with 4 GB of RAM so it is important to fix it

:)

Courtney Allen2, Jan 27, 2019

2. Non-paged pool very high and increasing

I have 16GB of RAM in my computer and my memory usage keeps getting up to 99% with little use. Every time I restart my computer the non-paged pool goes down to around 200MB but after about an hour it is up to 10GB. I only have Google chrome open with 5 tabs. I have updated Windows but the problem persists. Up until today I was able to run my computer for days without shutting down or restarting and memory use was never this high.

Is there anything I can do to get non-paged pool down?

jimbobCooter, Jan 27, 2019
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    High paged pool memory after leaving system on for quite sometime

1.2 GB Paged pool does not seem unreasonable for a system with 32 GB RAM. This value is higher for systems with large RAM sizes. In any event it is hardly likely to be the cause of your problem.

The paged and non paged memory pools are used by kernel level components such as drivers and the kernel itself. The paged pool can be paged out at the memory managers discretion while the non paged pool must remain in RAM at all times. Task Manager will not tell you how much of the paged pool is in RAM.

Memory usage in any modern OS is controlled by the system memory manager, always with the goal of maximizing overall system performance. When available memory is plentiful, as is shown in the screenshots, the memory manager will allow processes and other Windows components to use pretty much whatever memory they want without restrictions. But if there is memory pressure it is fully capable of reducing the paged pool usage to a small fraction of it's current value. But it will only do this if needed. Doing it at any other time would serve no useful purpose and would likely impair performance. Note that this is the RAM resident portion of the paged pool, not what is shown in Task Manager which would be unaffected.

High memory usage, even if it is seriously abnormal, will not impair performance unless it causes a shortage. I have seen many Internet articles that get this wrong. It is not unusual for the paged pool to grow over time. Unless there is a memory leak, and there is nothing to suggest that here, this growth will stop.

LMiller7, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Non-paged pool usage is too high

High paged pool memory after leaving system on for quite sometime

Oh, I see! Thanks for the clarity!

Pageable memory controlled by memory management...that makes ALOT of sense! Oh well, at least the page pool stops at 1.2gb memory so I still have plenty of ram leftover for multi-tasking purposes. For virtual memory, I left it at system managed on C:/ drive. Otherwise, I'll try to update the network drivers and nvidia drivers. I know Killer Network drivers are highly proneable for memory leaks.

Say, did Intel made an update of Intel Rapid Storage drivers for 4th Gen processors?

RyougaLolakie, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Non-paged pool usage is too high

1. Non-paged pool usage is too high - Similar Threads - Non paged pool

2. High ram usage and a 800mb in the non-paged pool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage and a 800mb in the non-paged pool: Hello, I have this problem with my laptop. It is used quite a lot of ram while idling and I'm worried Imight have some sort of virus. While gaming the temp goes all the way up to 89°C 192°f. I'm not noticing mayor performance drops, but it is a little slower than normal and...
  3. Paged pool and non paged pool

Paged pool and non paged pool: So i have just noticed when i went into my task manager that there were these things called paged and non paged pool and i started to research on it. After researching i found that i have abnormal amounts of paged and non paged memory [ATTACH]refer to the imagine below What...
  4. High non-paged pool ram usage on my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High non-paged pool ram usage on my PC: [ATTACH] Hello, this is my first time posting here. I have abnormally high ram usage even when my PC is idle (~14 out of 16GB ~85% usage). This happens even after a system restart. I believe this causes some of my games to stutter/freeze when I start playing (games use...
  5. High ram usage with non paged pool size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High ram usage with non paged pool size: Guys recently I have high performance issue in my gaming laptop .Before that I can play 3 games same time without real issue .Right now I cant even play owerwatch without fps drops .I think its related to ram .I think issue can be nonpaged usage of ram or maybe memory...
  6. High Non Paged Pool Usage - Ks.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Non Paged Pool Usage - Ks.sys: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18636. I am getting High memory usage especially paged pool and non paged pool. Attached poolmon tool identifies ks.sys to be the reason. However, I could not find what drivers may be the cause. I tried...
  7. High Non-Paged Pool Usage

High Non-Paged Pool Usage: Hello, Recently I've noticed my RAM usage increased to near 95-100% usage since I installed the latest update for version 1909 after several hours over 20 of usage. I've done a bit of research into the problem and found out that the non-paged pool size increases to 6+ GB...
  8. a non-paged pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a non-paged pool: Hi, I have a problem with a non-paged pool. It was usually up to 200 MB. and recently noticed that it became 1.5GB and even preloading does not help. (I have 4 GB of RAM). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-non-paged-pool/209717ac-c688-46c0-b8ec-86632cbf63b3
  9. Memory Usage (non-paged pool) etwB

Memory Usage (non-paged pool) etwB: Whenever i start my pc the non-paged pool already starts at 1.7GB. I used poolmon to find out what the reason could be and it turns out there is something called "etwB" which uses 1.7GB, but it doesnt change. Now i am wondering what it is and if i could remove it....
  10. Non-paged pool very high and increasing

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-paged pool very high and increasing: I have 16GB of RAM in my computer and my memory usage keeps getting up to 99% with little use. Every time I restart my computer the non-paged pool goes down to around 200MB but after about an hour it is up to 10GB. I only have Google chrome open with 5 tabs. I have updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is nonpaged pool memory included in task manager