Windows 10: Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting

Discus and support Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have come to the conclusion that I have the exact issue described in this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lexilooks, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting

I have come to the conclusion that I have the exact issue described in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8ex29t/nonpaged_pool_memory_leak/

However, after installing the per-requisite programs, windows powershell does not recognize

poolmon /p /b as an internal or external command. I know I have messed something up in the instructions but can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?
    submitted by /u/lexilooks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lexilooks, Jan 30, 2020

2. Windows 10, slow memory leak troubleshooting

Traces take 2x file size in RAM so it would need 14Gb of ram. That would force the vast majority of it to be paged to disk making it nearly impossible to examine. In the above trace you had 8Gb in standby lists which is a good thing. It did not look like
    there was a memory leak. Memory leaks will show an ever increasing line on the trace. Yours was flat.

If it takes that long to experience the problem wouldnt an occasional reboot to free the ram fix the issue?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 30, 2020
  3. comnuts Win User
    is this memory leak?

Hello RASHMIRANJAN1,

I'm an independent advisor and hope this would address your questions.

This is not a memory leak. A memory leak happens when a process or program failed to discard utilized memory when it is no longer in use. In that case, you would see a process or program consuming more and more memory over time.

I wouldn't be worried about the paged and non-paged pools as they aren't excessively large in size. The paged pool is used to store handles of kernel objects, so it is normal to have some usage there. And non-paged pool is used by kernel and drivers of the
    operating system, so it is also normal for some usage there.

comnuts, Jan 30, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting

1. Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Non paged tool

2. Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag: Hi, i've been having a really annoying non paged memory leak for quite some time now, to a point where it uses all memory and to fix it i have to restart it usually takes a couple of hours to fill all my memory, i've tried to narrow it down to what could be causing it by...
  3. Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag: Hi, i've been having a really annoying non paged memory leak for quite some time now, to a point where it uses all memory and to fix it i have to restart it usually takes a couple of hours to fill all my memory, i've tried to narrow it down to what could be causing it by...
  4. Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  6. Huge memory leak in non paged pool

Huge memory leak in non paged pool: Hi, I have a memory leak in my system, specifically in the non paged pool. In one or two days of usage after a restart, it fills up all of the RAM available. Some online searches landed me on this blog:...
  7. Non-Paged Pool Memory leak by enrolling VMware Workspace ONE

Non-Paged Pool Memory leak by enrolling VMware Workspace ONE: Hi, I will explain you our problem. By installing and enrolling our Win10 machines Home/Pro/LTSC in Workspace ONE from VMware, it shows us a memory leak, so the non-paged pool of memory is increasing slowly until no memory will be available, and windows will freeze...
  8. Windows 10 Non-Page pool memory leak

Windows 10 Non-Page pool memory leak: [ATTACH] Hey all, I've been struggling for a couple days to find the source of this nonpaged pool memory leak on my Win10 Machine. Here's some screenshots: Task Manager 1 Task Manager 2 RAMMAP POOLMON (Sorted for Non-paged and by Byte count) Things I have tried so...
  9. Non paged pool memory leak

Non paged pool memory leak: Hi all, I am having a non paged pool memory leak. As far as i'm aware all drivers are up to date. https://imgur.com/Vo3QeUe https://imgur.com/a/IdzFZE5 Would really appreciate any support to getting this resolved, a reboot temporarily fixes it, but after a few hours it...
  10. 2GB Non-Paged Pool memory leak

2GB Non-Paged Pool memory leak: Title says it all, I've changed some regedit values as some videos recommended and for a while that fixed it. However, it has now come back and I have no way to fix this memory leak. Any help would be great, thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Shterz [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. non paged pool leak