Windows 10: Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Discus and support Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gabe_101, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Gabe_101 Win User

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase requests, screen time reports, etc. Neither I nor he want this. He can also me from my family, which is strange. How can I add an adult to my family but (1) not give them super-privileges to the family and (2) not have then spammed with child notices and requests?

Thanks.

Moved from: Accounts, login, and signup/Other Microsoft account and profile items

:)

Gabe_101, Nov 20, 2018

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microsoft Family - Changing account from child to adult

Hi Paulo,

To edit your child account(s), we need to
    change
    the
    birthdate
    of that account or
    create/add another adult
    in your family
    account. To change the birthdate,
    you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

To add another adult to your family account, kindly refer to
    Add a child account your family
    under
    To add another adult your family.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

windows parental controls

Child Account to Adult Account

• You need to backup data from Child Account
    • Visit Microsoft - "Account - Family" (Microsoft account | Your family) remove from Child and sign it as an Adult.
    • Steps are as follows:
      • Remove from CHILD
        • Go to the link
        • In Children section
        • Find Child account
        • Click more
        • Remove from Family
      • Add CHILD as an ADULT
        • In Adult Section
        • Add An Adult
        • Enter email address
        • Signed an adult in
    • You are done

Roharashraj™, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

1. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Non Parent Adult

2. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  3. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  4. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  6. Adult Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adult Parental Controls: Ok so I know how to setup parental controls for my children. But, how do I setup content filters for my administrator acct? I get tired of getting to see ALL of smutty stuff. Thanks in advance. :...
  7. "Ask a Parent" sends email to ALL adults in the Family

"Ask a Parent" sends email to ALL adults in the Family: How can I stop "Ask a Parent" from sending an email to all adults in the family? At the moment the Grandparents are also getting requests and I don't want them approving things for my child....
  8. Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.

Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.: So I have had this problem where I would Try to use my pc and browse the web with something other than Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge). I would try the usual things like Chrome or Firefox. But these have seemed to be blocked by Microsoft Family Restrictions. I worked Hard...
  9. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family: I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of...
  10. I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features)

I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features): [img] Ever since update KB4338819 dated 10/07/2018 I have been presented with this appearing on my computer screen after booting up, Windows 10 home Version 1803 build 17134.167,I have searched for remedies on how to correct this to no avail,The only solution that worked was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family safety do not email every adult

2. hhor6aa2302gihau.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=california l=mountain view o=google inc cn=google inc)

3. trace id: dhhx6hrac02tjotv.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=california l=mountain view o=google inc cn=google inc)

4. ubsamd xlkixp74w.3.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=california l=mountain view o=google inc cn=google inc)