Windows 10: Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10

Discus and support Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I am trying to solve touchpad issues in Windows 10. I have a Toshiba Tecra touchpad that came refurbished with Windows 10. Unfortunately, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewNapier2, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10

Hello.

I am trying to solve touchpad issues in Windows 10. I have a Toshiba Tecra touchpad that came refurbished with Windows 10. Unfortunately, it seems this computer was built for Windows 7 and, according to my research online, the developers at Microsoft may have overlooked or intentionally disregarded any owners whose touchpads were not "precision touchpads" available on the newest of devices. My touchpad "functions" (if that is what you could call it, as far as moving the cursor--albeit slowly, even with the sensitivity and pointer speed increased to maximum, but it does not allow me to scroll or use other multi-gestures that were most likely originally available on this device.

The drivers are available from Toshiba. However, Windows 10 will not allow me to utilize them, citing a "compatibility error" after every successful installation.

This leaves me at a loss. To enable the full functionality of my device, it seems I would be forced to downgrade to Windows 7. Not only is this not an attractive option, but it would actually cost me money for a full Windows license to be able to do so. Sooo....

Ideas? Suggestions? Workarounds?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AndrewNapier2, Sep 24, 2018

2. Can't use my precision touchpad

I updated my ASUS A46C to Windows 10. I had a precision touchpad before and now I can't use it. I looked up to the settings but there was no option for precision touchpad on my laptop. It's just disturbing because my old precision touchpad helped me a
    lot and felt more practical than now. Any suggestion or help?

Sevelyn Merlyna Wardani, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Precision Touchpad

Hi Eljine,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

I recommend you please refer to the below link article on Using a precision touchpad
    (steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/touchpad

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10

Precision Touchpad

Hi. I own a Samsung series 9. Im not entirely sure if my laptop even has a Precision Touchpad. It does say that the system has a "Limited Touch Support with 5 Touch Points" I dont know if this really helps but i just want to ask if it is possible for my
    laptop to get a Precision Touchpad. Is there something I can download and install to get a Precision Touchpad. I recently updated my OS to the Windows 10, this is when I first learned of the Precision Touchpad.

Eljine Mae Zhang, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10

1. Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Non Precision Touchpad

2. Precision touchpad deadzone issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision touchpad deadzone issue: I would like to reopen the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfdrivers/surface-book-trackpad-delay-lag-deadzone-issue/b7dd1872-589b-48af-8f47-c56e96fa0b86The issue still reproduces in 2021 and this is very annoying. Do you have any updates if...
  3. Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues

Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues: Hello, I recently bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I am facing two issues with the touchpad: When I use the touchpad in Word for example, when I click put the insertion point somewhere on the text and then immediately click somewhere else on the text and continue...
  4. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  5. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  6. customize touchpad without precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    customize touchpad without precision touchpad: I'm used to certain gestures when it comes to using my touchpad. Most importantly: - two finger tap = ctrl+click (so opens link in new tab with 1 click) - three finger tap = right mouse click - two finger swipe left = page back I bought a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad L340...
  7. Precision touchpad not working

Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...
  8. How to invert scrolling on non-precision touchpad?

How to invert scrolling on non-precision touchpad?: Is there a way to invert the scroll direction on a touchpad? It's not a "precision touchpad" or whatever the term is, so the only option in the settings menu is sensitivity. Computer is an HP Omen, brand new, if that matters....
  9. [ISSUE] Windows Precision Touchpad can't be customized

in Windows 10 Customization
    [ISSUE] Windows Precision Touchpad can't be customized: Doesn't matter what settings I change, the action will always run the default function. The main non-default function is using the three-finger tap as middle mouse click. I just wish Windows set it to that by default in the first place. But yeah, none of the settings...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad app windows not nonprecision

2. blutetooth keyboard touchpad not allowing me to edit gestures

3. does hp g5 laptop have a precision touchpad