Windows 10: Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal

Discus and support Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I researched a lot over this problem, but I cannot figure out how to resolve it. Motherboard: Intel DP55WB, BIOS version: 0336 BIOS has 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dmvazquez, Oct 26, 2018.

1. dmvazquez Win User

Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal

Hi everyone!
    I researched a lot over this problem, but I cannot figure out how to resolve it.

Motherboard: Intel DP55WB, BIOS version: 0336
    BIOS has 3 options for hard drives: IDE, RAID, AHCI

In Windows 10 Pro x64
    If I select AHCI in BIOS all disks show as internals, but cannot work with RAID.
    If I select RAID in BIOS all RAID disks show as internals, and non RAID disks show as removable.
    IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) version: 16.7.0.1009, for Windows 10
    1 x SSD Kingston HyperX Savage, as stand-alone, shown as removable.
    2 x Toshiba (mechanical) SATA3, as RAID 1, shown as internal.

In Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    If I select RAID in BIOS all RAID disks show as internals, and non RAID disks show as internals too.
    IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) version: 12.9.0.1001, for Windows 7
    This configuration works flawless.

Any advice?
    Thanks in advance!

:)

dmvazquez, Oct 26, 2018

2. RAID error, foreign disk

Hello there,

Been searching for information, found some but looking for a bid more. So here is the case:

RAID 0 data partion, software raid under windows 10, dont ask why raid 0.

Was trying to configure automated sleep and wakeup times and during this configuration the RAID 0 crashed. I thought disk failure Bye Bye data. Changed the SATA and power cable on one drive an poof it was back online, only in foreign disk mode under disk
    manager.

So the original 2 disks from the raid 0 are still running, 1 is shown in the PC as active (other partitions can be reached on the computer) and the other is a foreign disk. The striped volume states FAILURE and the original disk, which is now foreign, is
    still shown as missing. I tried using every SATA port on the MOBO but that didnt help. So my question now is what is my best option:

Option 1: Import foreign disk on the machine where the RAID 0 setup was running.

Option 2: Deactive the " live" disk on the running system and attach the 2 disks of the raid on another system and import the RAID setup at the same time.

I hope this was clear enough, since I live in Europe I will go to sleep now but will check in the moring!

Hope you guys can help and no, i do not have a back up, and yes i know foolish.....

Regards,

Cupcakesense, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    RAID 0 (Stripe) Failed) On a non raid HDD

at one point it was. Doesn't really matter how. make sure that disk is not selected as a RAID disk in the current controller. Though once the information is written in order to remove it the BIOS selection of the disk (if present) will need to be removed (this may wipe the disk) the other way if the controller already shows it as unselected in the RAID config is to wipe the disk in totality (diskpart | clean on windows systems) to delete the old RAId partition data off the device.

Solaris17, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

software raid discovery

Hello,

Software RAID (redundant array of independent disks) is a form of
    RAID performed on the internal server. RAID is a data protection method that can be in the form of hardware or software, depending on where the processing occurs.

This kind of issue is more complex than what is normally posted here in the Community. We suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet Forum for further assistance.

Regards.

Maria Fab, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal - Similar Threads - Non RAID disks

2. RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?: Hello,I installed two Sata HDD Drives in Raid 0, so I had to switch from AHCI to Raid. Therefore I did a clean install with the latest windows versions and raid drivers 2.20.1937 using RAID_NVMe_DID. Every single time I end up with a clean systems randomly freezing with 100%...
  3. Reformatting ex-RAID 5 hard disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reformatting ex-RAID 5 hard disks: I have 3 hard disks 1TB Hitachi, which were RAID 5 configured in an old PC with a failed motherboard. I want to reformat them and sell them, but I ran into a problem. In the PC I was using c. 7 years old, Windows 10 clean recent installation, UEFI bios I got "data error...
  4. Windows 11 RAID 0 system disks

Windows 11 RAID 0 system disks: I am considering RAID 0 for the system disks of my next desktop build. The raid would be setup in BIOS. Does anyone knows if this is going to work with windows 11?...
  5. Software RAID drive shows as a dynamic drive in disk management but the wrong files are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software RAID drive shows as a dynamic drive in disk management but the wrong files are...: On a Windows 11 PC I have 5 folders stored in a Windows software dynamic mirror RAID drive, Documents, Downloads, Drivers, Favourites and Music. I can access these folders without error in file explorer. However, when using Win7 backup and browse to restore files I find that...
  6. Software RAID drive shows as a dynamic drive in disk management but the wrong files are...

Software RAID drive shows as a dynamic drive in disk management but the wrong files are...: On a Windows 11 PC I have 5 folders stored in a Windows software dynamic mirror RAID drive, Documents, Downloads, Drivers, Favourites and Music. I can access these folders without error in file explorer. However, when using Win7 backup and browse to restore files I find that...
  7. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  8. utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?: Hello, Anyone know of a utility that can simulate a striped drive for cheap non-raid external drives? Something similar to WinRAR's "Split to volume" but with no compression? williamj...
  9. Expanding / adding disks RAID 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Expanding / adding disks RAID 10: Not sure where to post this. I have windows 10 Pro. I'm about to upgrade my RAID and am going with (4) 8TB HGST He's I am presently using (4) 6TB WD red NAS drives in windows Storage Spaces utilizing a two-way mirror and it's my understanding it can only withstand 1 drive...
  10. Question on disk space avail RAID 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question on disk space avail RAID 0: I am confused, hope you can help - I have 2 2TB disk drives configured as RAID 0. This is confirmed in Intel RST. RST says 3815 GB total size, roughly 4 TB available, which is what I would expect as RAID 0 supposedly makes available the sum of the drives in the array as its...