Windows 10: non removable folder on my D Drive non-system drive

Discus and support non removable folder on my D Drive non-system drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I want to express my extreme frustration on your Xbox app creating several freaking non-removable folder on my backup drive D: as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pandai'm, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Pandai'm Win User

non removable folder on my D Drive non-system drive

Hi Microsoft,

I want to express my extreme frustration on your Xbox app creating several freaking non-removable folder on my backup drive D: as follow:-

- Programfiles

- WindowsApps

- WpSystem

I suspect those folder were there because I have located the xbox gamepass games over there. But you know what, no platform are doing what Microsoft does really such as steam, battle.net and even EA launcher doesn't do that.

Nevertheless, i have searched online, found these guidance and none were able to resolve my issue

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/delete-the-windowsapps-folder-on-windows-10/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/unable-to-delete-windowsapps-folders-created-after/82f44cad-233a-4a05-8f1a-788b2887da2d

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/delete-access-windowsapps-folder.html

Please tell me how to remove these freaking folders. I have already removed Xbox app.

THANKS!

:)

Pandai'm, Apr 21, 2021
  2. sam9 Win User

How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM

I want to use Bitlocker on my Non System E Drive without TPM. I read somewhere to do the following for without TPM:

" Under Local Computer Policy navigate to Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Bit Locker Drive Encryption \ Operating System Drives and double click on Require additional authentication at startup." and so on.

but I am confused because the above note is mentioning "Operating System Drives " wherein I want to turn on Bitlocker on Non System Drive.

Can we turn bitlocker "on" on Non System Drives without turning it "on" on System Drives and Can we turn it "on" on
    a Single Folder instead of Drive.

Please advise step by step.

3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 21, 2021
  4. non removable folder on my D Drive non-system drive

Need Non-Removable Drive to Show as Removable

Windows 10 is showing one of my drives as non-removable/fixed. I need it to show as a removable drive.

I don't mind making registry changes or whatever needs to be done.

I've found information on going the other way (have removable drive show as non-removable/fixed), but nothing on what I want to do.

Thanks,

BlackBerriesAnd, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

non removable folder on my D Drive non-system drive

1. non removable folder on my D Drive non-system drive - Similar Threads - non removable folder

2. My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive: I was just doing normall processes; one steam application open via the D:// drive, laptop was in charge with next to no background processes. Suddenly, the D:// drive disappears, the application closes. No applications installed on the D drive are accessible and it does not...
  3. My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive: I was just doing normall processes; one steam application open via the D:// drive, laptop was in charge with next to no background processes. Suddenly, the D:// drive disappears, the application closes. No applications installed on the D drive are accessible and it does not...
  4. My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New "top level" drive folders replicating drive names on non-system drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New "top level" drive folders replicating drive names on non-system drives: My computer has a couple of extra NTFS drives - one is a SSD, one is a HDD.They are listed as drives F: and G:My system drive is C:, no drive D:, and drive E: is a system-restore reserved drive.I noticed that drives F: and G: now have new top-level folders that replicate the...
  6. New "top level" drive folders replicating drive names on non-system drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New "top level" drive folders replicating drive names on non-system drives: My computer has a couple of extra NTFS drives - one is a SSD, one is a HDD.They are listed as drives F: and G:My system drive is C:, no drive D:, and drive E: is a system-restore reserved drive.I noticed that drives F: and G: now have new top-level folders that replicate the...
  7. remove d drive as a system drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove d drive as a system drive.: hi, I am trying to move everything on the main c drive to a bigger drive and make that be my main c drive but d drive thinks it is a system drive and it is really just a data drive. how do i make windows remove d as a system drive so i can complete my main task.thanks...
  8. USB Drive switched to non-removable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive switched to non-removable: I was messing with a bunch of USB multiboot tools (sardu, xboot, easy2boot etc) and managed to change my Corsair Voyager GTX flash drive into an internal drive. I tried using BootIt, didn't work. Other drives show up fine. Any tools I could use to fix this? It breaks some...
  9. How to Remove System Attribute from Non-System Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove System Attribute from Non-System Drive: First, I tried to create an System Image of my Windows 10 Desktop. I have tell you I'm Old School and have 4 Drive C: Windows (System), D: Programs, E: Data, F: Games. When I tried to use Windows 10 , Backup and Restore (Windows 7). Create a system image. When I get to the...
  10. Need Non-Removable Drive to Show as Removable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Non-Removable Drive to Show as Removable: Windows 10 is showing one of my drives as non-removable/fixed. I need it to show as a removable drive. I don't mind making registry changes or whatever needs to be done. I've found information on going the other way (have removable drive show as non-removable/fixed),...